thirty

CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY

Adrian slipped inside his headmaster's office early in the morning, once he and his sister had returned from there the previous night, they instantly went to bed. He took a seat on the couch and waited for Alaric to begin his day. Looking up, he heard some kind of snoring like sound coming from something or rather, someone in the room.

The boy rose from the couch and looked around, searching for the source. The desk chair was, strangely, facing the window instead of the chairs on the other side of the desk which made him curious. Approaching the desk to investigate, the wolf almost accidentally dropped the newton's cradle that had been standing on the edge of the desk on the floor. The drop was loud enough to wake the headmaster who had fallen asleep while drinking his sorrows away —though not a bottle was in sight— and he had been snoring in his chair since late the night before.

The chair squeaked as the older male turned around to face the intruder. He looked at the boy on the floor with tired eyes as the wolf picked up the cradle, "Adrian?"

"Doctor Saltzman... you look rough" The young alpha rose from the floor and returned newton's cradle to its place before he sat down in a chair with crossed his arms, "But uh despite me still being mad at you for that whole 'keeping Hope and I apart' thing, which we're gonna talk about later, I put all of my trust in you when I ask: do you think the Necromancer brought Olivia back?"

Alaric sighed as he readjusted himself in his chair, rubbing the tiredness out of his eyes, "I don't know what to think right now, Adrian. I mean your sister barely remembers anything. To suggest that the Necromancer brought her back is only a rough guess"

"But she remembers. She told me herself that she heard everything from her room that night. The commotion, how my uncle fought my dad and how he threatened my mom"

Yes, Adrian may have lied to not only protect his sister but because he wanted to convince his headmaster that she was worth keeping around even after they had gathered all of the information they needed, just as his sister had tried to convince him, "She doesn't trust easily... but I think I can get her to talk to you"

The Saltzman male shook his head no, he didn't believe that she would talk to him, the boy, however, took the no as a no to stop trying to get answers from his sister, "So what? What happens to her now? Are we kicking her to the curb like we did Landon?"

"Adrian, she doesn't have all of the answers to our questions" The father of the siphoner twins sighed once again, "I told both of you yesterday that I think it's best for her to stay in the school with us until she can remember more. We need to find out more about her but right now it seems like her brain is suppressing her traumatic memories. It could be dangerous"