thirty-four

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Come morning assembly, Doctor Saltzman announced the newfound Malivore creature to the upper school students and faculty. He asked everyone who didn't feel safe at the school to take advantage of the evacuation shuttles waiting outside. Those who decided to remain at the school were advised to take any measures required to keep themselves awake as the most dangerous thing anyone could to at this time was falling asleep, even during midterms week.

Once the students had been dismissed, many of them disappeared upstairs to pack their things so that they could get on the evacuation buses and leave the school.

The Mikaelson girl and her boyfriend remained in the Grand Hall after the assembly to come up with a plan on how to tackle their problem. Adrian shifted in his seat, "I sent Olivia off with the shuttles last night"

Hope nodded, "Great, so all we have to do is stay awake... It shouldn't be hard, right?"

The male rubbed his eyes, a yawn escaping his lips, "You'd be surprised. I feel like I haven't slept in years"

"Well, if you want to sleep I could just—"

"Hope" The pair of wolf born teens turned around and found Landon Kirby standing only a meter away from their row, "Can we talk?"

The girl glanced back at her boyfriend before she rose from her seat to see what the human wanted. The raven-haired Kirby boy scratched the back of his neck when she approached him, his eyes going back and forth between her and the boyfriend, "Uh, I was just wondering if anything has come back to you about our little amnesia trip? I mean, this can't all be a coincidence, can it?"

"Uh, I think that we should probably focus on one problem at a time," Hope told the male.

Landon nodded, "Right. Well, uh, do you need help solving this whole Night Hag problem? I can be a research assistant, I'm CPR certified and I know a little tai chi"

"None of which will help us" Adrian commented. He threw his head back to look at the two, "The best way you can help is by evacuating. We don't need you in the way"

The human looked at the wolf before facing the female beside him. The tribrid crossed her arms and shrugged as she nodded in agreement, "He's kind of right, Landon. You should evacuate"

"I'll be fine" The Kirby boy sent the girl a smile. He glanced over his shoulder to find the Latino boy still watching him, he turned back to the Mikaelson girl and he cleared his throat, readjusting his backpack strap,  "I— i should go, can't be late for my first class"

The two wolves watched the male as he exited the Grand Hall, both of them hoping that it was the last time they ran into him today. The alpha glanced up at his girlfriend, a chuckle escaping his lips, "Amnesia trip?"

"I'll tell you later" The auburnette replied as she approached him, "It's really complicated"

"Uh-huh," Adrian sat up properly and pushed himself up from his seat, "I'll talk to you later"