thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Adrian left seventh period earlier after finding that Hope hadn't been there. You see, no one had seen Hope Mikaelson during the last five days. She had ghosted everyone after the Valentine's Day dance and locked herself up in her room.

At first, the young male wolf didn't mind the disappearance of the girl. She had made it very clear that she wanted nothing to do with him and in turn, he wanted nothing to do with her— that was until he passed her room on his way to his own and his supernatural hearing allowed him to hear the soft sniffles and cries.

He silently cursed himself for he knew that he would never forgive himself if he didn't check up on her even after their argument and hurtful words. Carefully, he walked closer and knocked on the door, a part of him was hoping that she'd tell him to fuck off so that he wouldn't feel too bad about leaving her alone.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
     YOU HAVE A
CHANCE, GO, GO, GO!
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

A moment passed and the boy was about to leave when the door suddenly opened, a restless Hope standing in the doorway, tears trickling down her cheeks that she tried to dry with her shirt sleeve, "Dr. Saltzman, I'm fin—" She cut herself off once she finally faced the boy, "What are you doing here?"

"Can I come in?"

Hope let out a sigh as she sat down on the ottoman in front of her bed. Adrian entered the room just a few seconds after, even if she had told him to wait because she was going to clean up. He looked around as he stepped into the mess she called her room, "Jesus... Who— what happened in here?"

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
THE PLACE LOOKS LIKE
A NUCLEAR DISASTER
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

Adrian scanned the dorm. There were pillows on the floor, Hope's paintings and easel had all been thrown to the floor, a few brushes had been thrown like darts and embedded themselves in the wall and a painting of what looked to be a family portrait had been ripped down the middle. There were other things wrong, misplaced or broken in the room but it wasn't anything he was going to point out and he didn't want to tell Hope that he caught a glimpse of the clothes she had lazily stacked and tried to hide in the corner.

A few minutes passed and neither of the two had breathed a word. Neither of them knew what to say or which one was going to apologize first. Adrian stood by the window, looking out with his back turned against Hope who was watching him. He turned around with a sigh and finally faced her but she forced herself to look away immediately.

Adrian leaned on the dresser beside him, "I'm not here to apologize to you"

Hope cocked a brow, letting out a scoff, "Then why are you here?"