thirty-three

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

The Aquilo boy woke up in his bed the next afternoon with a throbbing ache in his head and blurry vision— the aftereffects of his excessive indulgence in alcoholic drinks from the night before.

Panic struck the boy faster than lightning when he felt the sheets for his phone and found a female beside him instead. He prayed that whoever it was, they had done nothing but fall asleep together. Normally, the Aquilo boy knew how to hold his liquor but whatever concoction he drank at the party was different, he had never had anything like it before which was why the person beside him frightened him. He glanced to his side to see who the girl was but with them laying on their side all he could see was hair.

The male sat up on the edge of his side of the bed, his head in his hands when a pair of cold arms wrapped around him from behind. The wolf caught a whiff of the strawberry-scented shampoo that his girlfriend used the concern that he had done something he'd regret died down.

Placing his hands on his knees, the male turned to face his girlfriend who wore a bright smile despite her exhaustion, "Hi"

"Hey"

"How are you feeling?" Hope asked, her voice sweet and soft as she removed her arms from around his torso and instead, rested her head on his shoulder with her fingers tracing his knuckles.

"Like my head is killing me" Adrian groaned. He fell back against his bed, pulling his girlfriend down with him.

The tribrid chuckled, "You were chugging drinks like it was water" The boyfriend sighed and brought his hands to his face to rub the tiredness out of his eyes. The girl furrowed her eyebrows when he didn't reply, he always had something to say, "Do you remember what happened last night?"

"You called me" The girlfriend informed as the male left her side to get a glass of water from the bathroom. She rose from the bed and followed him into the bathroom to continue their conversation, "I don't mind you calling me or texting me to say that you miss me but thirty calls might have been an exaggeration"

"And I mean, that's not even the best part because when I returned last night, I found you and Owen throwing your own little after party in my room— which you'll clean up by the way and when I confronted you— what are you doing?"

Adrian looked up in the mirror and saw his girlfriend watching him with an unusual expression as he had begun to take his shirt off, "I— I'm gonna take a shower" The male answered and the witch only responded by nodding and facing the door.

Continuing with updating her boyfriend on last night's events, Hope began her previous sentence once again, "Uhm so when I confronted you, you stripped down to your underwear and took off running around the halls, shouting that you were and I quote 'the acid king' of the Salvatore school. Needles to say, I don't think you were just drunk"