We are The New Americana

Title inspired by New Americana by Halsey.

Ricky POV

"Lyric you're awake!" Chris exclaimed and pulled her into a hug, careful not to hurt her, but she pushed him away, and he looked hurt.
"What did I do?" He asked obviously upset.
"Nothing, but why is he here?" She said, gesturing to me.
"Lyric I'm so sorry, I was stupid, I listened to someone over you and I shouldn't have and you have every right to hate me." I said hanging my head in shame.
It stayed silent, for a good amount of time before Chris Broke it, "Lyric, you have to stay here in suicide watch for at least three weeks, Aundraya or I will bring you your schoolwork, I'm so sorry sis." He said looking at her sympathetically while I was holding back my tears.

She looked down, "When do get transferred?" She asked softly.

"Right now actually." The doctor said, walking in and surprising us. She nodded and he gestured for us to follow him.

I put my arm around Lyric in consolation, I could tell she was upset, I mean who wouldn't be?

We arrived at suicide watch, "You guys won't be able to visit for a while." The doctor said after we well I had said goodbye to Lyric, "Only because we're starting her therapy sessions so we can determine how long she needs to be in here, I'll also have her do schoolwork in my office for precautions." He said sympathetically, and I nodded.

Lyric POV

White. Everything was white. The walls, the bed, these fucking horrible clothes.

I looked out the window and watched at Chris and Ricky drove off, I sat in the little bench in my window, watching the cars drive by, I thought about how the people in them had their own lives, their own problems.

I was pissed beyond my limits, Ricky listened to someone over me, he took someone's words over mine, like I would ever fucking cheat! Maybe on a fucking board game, but not on him!

When I was about to go on a rage, a knock came on my door.
"Come in." I said, loud enough for the person to hear, and opened the door was a Doctor, he had longish black hair and was thin and had tattoos.
"Hello Lyric, I'm doctor Quinn but you can call me Danny." He said smiling and sitting by me on my bench which made me pull my knees closer to my chest.
"I know it's tough in here, but I'll be here when you need to talk, also there's someone I'd like you to meet, he's a volunteer that will be assigned to you, he'll also be here to talk if you're not willing to talk to me.
"Oliver come in here please. " Dr. Quinn said and in walked a very attractive boy who was smiling.
"I'll let you two get to know each other." He said and left, leaving this attractive boy all alone with me, an engaged girl who is pissed at her fiancé.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Hey! Wow this story has reached 2k reads! I'm so proud, I never though it'd get that big, but in other news, should Lyric trust this boy and risk developing a crush? Or push him away and stay true to Ricky even though he took someone else's word over her? - Kylie.
P.s: sorry it's short