Burn Baby, Burn

Next Day

I woke up in a bad mood, I'm not quite sure what caused it but I just want to stay in bed all day like I would at home, but it's not like that here.

"Lyric, will you open the door?" I heard Oliver said with a slight knock, we'd come as good of friends as you could without talking, he did all the talking. To be completely honest he talked enough for both of us.

I reluctantly got up and opened the door, he smiled.
"Good morning." He said, with his usual smile.
I nodded, maybe I'd be good to talk.
"Morning." I said softly and his eyes widened in shock.

"Y-you talked." He said, sounding as though he had just won a prize.

"I thought maybe it'd be good to talk for once." I said, my voice adjusting from not speaking for so long.

"Well, on a good note, today Dr. Quinn said I could take you outside to help with your schoolwork, and you only have a session with him today. Lyric I know he's not the easiest to talk to, but the sooner you talk to him, the sooner you can leave. Not that I don't consider you a good friend, but I really hate you being in here." He said softly, and I smiled.

"Well let's get going." I said.

Later

"When the fuck will I ever need this in my life?" I asked looking at the math page, I would do it because I'm an all A student, but I complain.
"I'm not sure, but finish the last two problems then you have to go to Dr. Quinn." He said, and by the time he was done talking I had finished the problems.

"Oh, I thought you were going to be bad at these." He said looking at me.

"Nah, I just like to complain." I said smiling and getting up and begins to walk back inside, Oliver trailing behind.

"So Lyric, how are you feeling today?" Dr. Quinn asked, not really expecting a reply, but I gave him one.

"Like complete shit actually." I said looking up at him with his shocked expression.
"And why do you say that?" He asked after he had gotten over hearing me talk.
"I'm not really sure to be honest." I said looking down.

"Well, this is probably the biggest step you've achieved since you got here, I'll call Chris and see if he'd maybe like to come talk to you about how you're feeling, how does that sound?" He asked giving me a soft smile.

I nodded and waited for him to call.

There was a soft knock on the door moments later and Dr. Quinn opened it and Chris.walked in, he immediately hugged me.

"I'm so proud of you." He said squeezing me, he must have forgotten that oxygen is vital for human life because I don't have any.

I tapped on him lightly and he released. "Oh yeah, sorry," he said smiling. I gave him a small smile and he sat me in the chair and sat across.
"So why do you feel bad?" Chris asked, his smile dropping.
"I feel like I've fucked up big time, and I'm worried about Ricky and and..." I trailed of because I had started bawling and Chris was hugging me.
"Wait here for a minute." Chris said and ran out of the room.
"You two are very close." Dr. Quinn said and I nodded, wiping my tears.

"Come on you shithead!" I heard Chris say as he opened the door and dragged in Ricky, who honestly looked worse than me, his hair was a mess he was still in in his pyjamas that smelled like he'd been wearing them for a good amount of time, and the dark circles under his eyes screamed 'WHATS SLEEP?'
I got up from my seat and walked over to him, he looked me in the eyes and he gave me a small smile.
"I'm so sorry Ricky." I said and I wrapped my arms around his waist. He stroked my hair, and muzzled into my neck as though he was trying to inhale my scent so he could remember it.
"I'm the one who should be sorry." He said pulling back long enough to kiss me softly, which left my cheeks pink.
"I love you." I whispered in his ear when he hugged me again.
"I love you too baby." He replied.

After they had left, I realized that I had to try and get better so I could get back to my Ricky.

_________________________

Hey! I'm sorry I haven't updated, I haven't had WiFi because I moved but we're good now! - Kylie.