[1.]

"How would you characterise Michael Clifford?"

I tapped my foot nervously against the tile floor of the room I was sitting in. All eyes were trained on me, even the ones hidden behind the glass. I knew they were all focused in my direction. I didn't know what was going on but no one believed me when I said so.

"I don't- I don't understand your q-question." I stuttered, unsure of the officer's motives as she walked in front of the desk, pacing from one end of the room to the next trying to intimidate me.

"You were the last person seen with him Mr Hemmings and now he's missing. So if I were you I'd speak up." The female officer threatened leaning over the desk, staring at me.

"I don't know what happened to Michael."

She tsked, "According to the statements I received you and Michael were very close." She began pacing again, my eyes following her uniformed body as it moved across the room.

"'M surprised a little church boy like you would be hanging around people like Mr. Clifford."

She took her seat again, pulling out her cell phone and placing it in the metal desk. She cocked her head to a side, a smirk on he lips as she said, "Wonder what would happen if I called the pastor. How proud would he be to hear that his youngest son is a faggot and was fucking a criminal?"

I was pretty sure that I had visibly tensed at the mention of my father, knowing that he'd blow a fuse if he truly knew where I was during the week I was supposed to be at church camp.

"So, then Luke, what really happened those weeks when you were with Michael?"