[28.]

A/N: I didn't edit shit.

Michael stared down the bus behind us for a few minutes before he pulled off of the main road, speeding up over the dusty trail.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as I wondered if we could really do this. I tried to remember the last time I had felt so scared that it almost made me queasy, like I felt at that moment.
As usual Michael seemed calm, easily navigating through the road I had never seen before. I smiled at that. He was good at getting through situations that I would never think of.

A few more turns and the red soil turned into trees and the soft sound of rushing water filled my ears although there was no sign of it. I sighed going along with the feeling of wind in my hair, trying to relax.

Then it was all familiar and we once again at the lake house. Michael stopped abruptly causing my hand to hit the dash. I shot him a glare, but he just raised his pierced brow as his lip twitched. He wanted to laugh at me I knew it. The laugh never came though, instead he tilted his head towards the house and I was quickly hopping out of the jeep.

"Change." He threw some random clothes that he had found in the pile that was lazily tossed near the duffle bag I had brought with me.

I hurried to get it something more appropriate that what I had borrowed from Harry before quickly shoving what I was wearing with the other clothes the green eyed boy had messily thrown into the bag. I tried to overlook that fact that he had stuffed one of his hoodies into the bag, but a smile came to me face as I zipped it up and slung it over my shoulder.

Michael's hand stroked over my cheek lightly before giving a small smile. That smile quickly faltered and I was being tugged towards the door.

"Come on..." He huffed as he tired to start the jeep. After the third try, it worked and we were pulling away from the cabin.

I turned to look back it, giving a small teary smile at all that had happened at that place. That would always be the place where I figured out who I truly was.

"I'll miss this place." I whispered as the view of the lake faded into the distance.

~•°•*•°•~

We were six cars behind the bus. Michael seemed calm now that the bus was in our sights, driving slowly behind the cars that were between us. My hand was in his as we drove along. My nerves were all over the place, although I could see the bus in front of us I was still unsure that we would be able to do this.

"We're going to make it in time." Michael reassured as a car turned leaving us now five cars behind the bus.

"I believe you Mike, it just..." I looked down at our hands, "Do I have to leave you?"

Michael glanced over for a second and I let out a deep breath. It'd almost been two weeks and I didn't want to leave his side. I then chuckled to myself, I wasn't supposed to be by his side but I felt so comfortable here now that I had go back to the world I came from, I was scared.

"You're not leaving me." Michael reassured as we moved to being three cars behind the bus. "I'll always be in your heart Princess."

I giggled kissing his knuckles, "This isn't a Disney movie Michael."

"Don't you want be the first gay, Australian princes?" He chuckled, "It'd be the most stereotypical Disney movies ever made."

"Flamboyant, Outback Rapunzel?" I giggled happy that my mind was moving from the bus.

"Yeah mate!" Michael laughed once more. "I'll text you and we'll meet up sometimes."

I frowned, "What if you get tired of me having to sneak around?"

"Where's the fun in not pissing off parents?" He shrugged, "Don't worry about it Princess."

"I'll try."

He kissed my knuckles this time, letting them linger at his lips for a while.

"Good."

~•°•*•°•~

Michael parked a little ways down the road from the church watching as the bus sat on the outside. It was Saturday, so my father was obviously inside. I took a deep breath.

"You know what you got to do." Michael spoke breaking through my thoughts.

I nodded cuddling into his side a bit more. I didn't want to leave him. I was better when I was beside him.

"Com'ere," Michael pulled me closer and let his lips meet mine once more before pulling away. "Go ahead."

I stood on my toes attaching our lips once more, kissing him slowly cupping his stupidly beautiful face, my hand fisted in his fading hair.

"You better fucking text me Michael Clifford." I threatened with a tug on his hair.

"Anything you want Princess."

I smiled walking away from him running towards the group of kids that had gotten out the bus. I walked behind a clique of girls hoping that it look like go out the bus, walking around the front like the others.

"Luke!" My father's voice came from in the crowd.

I let out a breath, trying to out on a smile like all the others that came off the bus.

"Dad." I tried to smile as he pulled me into a hug, slinging his hand over my shoulder and he walked me towards the car.

"How was camp?" He seemed enthusiastic, hoping his little plan to create the good little Christian son worked. "I know the rain flooded out some of the bunks."

"Good..." I lied, "It was a lot of fun."

"You're probably tired," My father pieced together, "Your mother is waiting for you at home."

I nodded looking up to where Michael was parked giving him a small wave before getting into the car.

"I heard they had some good memory verse this year." My father continued as he packed my stuff.

I sighed looking out the window. I wish I was back at the lake with Michael.