[4.]

I got up from where I was kneeling, the smirk on his face never seeming to leave as I walked back to my parents. I was going to be trouble and I knew it, there was always something to argue about in my family.

My brothers had already been swayed by the 'world', and I was the only good one left. Jack had left as soon as he turned eighteen burning all of his church clothes in the backyard before running off with some random girl he met at a rave that time he snuck out.

Ben was a family man, but he wasn't really focused on the church anymore. He just kinda got married and left, but, he was never considered the disgrace of the family.

I stood beside my father, feeling his harsh grip on my shoulder as his head lowered to whisper in my ear, "We'll talk about this after." Before he walked off to a random woman who was weeping in the church.

After I went over to Michael I wasn't allowed to move from my spot. I was like a child put in the corner for his disobedience.

Finally decided to take in a breath of fresh air since my parents were too occupied with someone else (as usual) to see that I had left. I went to take a deep breath as I stepped through the door, but, instead I got a lungs full of cigarette smoke.

"You shouldn't be— smoking here." I coughed, covering my mouth with my sleeve.

The boy chuckled, getting up from where he was sitting on the church steps, dropping the butt on the ground before squishing it with his foot.

"Sorry princess."

I scowled, "I'm not a princess."

He gave a crocked smile, "Oh trust me..." He examined me from head to toe before licking his lips, "I know a princess when I see one."

I tried to fight the blush that I could feel growing on my cheeks. I was tempted to deny it again but that wouldn't work. So I just stood there quietly, looking into his eyes as he was looking into mine.

There was something his eyes, a pale green that seemed to have a tint of grey, it was like a field hidden behind a storm.

He laughed catching me by surprise and I guessed that my reaction only made it even funnier.

He finally spoke, "Do you always pray for sanity?"

I shrugged, "Only when I need it."

"Ah."

I raised a brow, "Ah?"

He laughed again, probably thought I was the biggest joke.

"What's your name princess?"

"It's -"

Then my father saw us.