[5.]

"Luke Hemmings, get over here!"

I looked back seeing my father at the car. Crap.

"Um, I gotta go. Bye." I waved quickly running over to the car, closing the door waiting the lecture that was about come my way. Lately, it seemed like that was the only interactions I had with my parents.

I climbed into the back seat, waving to the boy who was still standing by the church steps before finally turning to my parents.

"Luke?" My father asked still looking towards the road, my mother staying silent beside him. She was a nurturer not a disciplinary.

I sucked in a breath, responding innocently, "Yes dad."

"Do you know the shame that you have brought to our family today? You blatantly ignored me when I told not to go with that Clifford boy. "

I rolled my eyes, causing my mother to tut at my actions, but my father was so narrow minded it was annoying. Everything was wrong, every mistake made me a disgrace to him.

"I don't get what is so bad about talking to someone." I sneered.

"We don't appreciate his type of people around here and it's not becoming of a young man like you to be around him. What if he corrupted you, tainted the holiness we worked so hard to instill in you?"

I scoffed, laughing dryly, "Did you tell Jack the same thing?"

My mother looked back from her seat, "Luke drop it."

"Why? Why can't I talk to him just because he's gay? He's a human!"

"Luke...drop it."

I turned to my mother, "Why must I? Your hatred for homosexuals doesn't have to be my hatred too."

"Luke..."

"That's enough!" My father's voice seemed to ricochet off of the interior of the car causing everyone to go silent.

"You are not to speak to him! You are not acknowledge him if he approaches you!" He ordered his time making me flinch, "I will not have my son hanging around that faggot!" He slammed on the brakes when he reached the house causing me to jolt forward.

"Do you understand Luke?" He asked sternly looking at me through the rearview mirror.

I swallowed the lump in my throat nodding, going to get out of the car only for him to lock the door again.

"Do you understand me?"

"Yes, I do." He then finally allowed me to leave the car.