The Walk Home

As you walked out of Pete's front yard, you felt the cold crisp air against your skin; sending sharp chills across your body. You never brought a jacket since you were supposed to be staying over. Once you were out of Pete's eye view, Patrick gently clutched your hand and entangled your fingers with his. Suddenly you couldnt feel the cold air surrounding you anymore; all you felt was Patrick and his warmth. The walk was silent for a couple of minutes, both of you nervously strutting along the dark streets not knowing what to say to eachother; after all 10 minutes ago you were rubbing his crotch and his face was burried into your chest.

"Uh..." you began
"Yes (Y/N)?" he smiled at you, looking eager to talk
"Uhm...so... whens your next band practise?" is all you could muster
"I think its in three days. Not entirely sure." he paused "...would you want to come with me?"

You froze for a second. Did he just ask you out? you thought to youself. You had to establish what he meant.

"You mean, like a date?" you felt yourself smiling. Dammit. So much for trying to keep it cool all night.
"If we're going on a date I'd rather take you to dinner" he blushed and put his head down. "But yeah".
He looked up, avoiding eye contact with you as he bit his lip in anticipation.

"I'd love to, Patrick" you said, studying his face. His eyes met yours.
"That's great!" he smiled. "You're freezing by the way!" he yelled as he began stripping his jacket off and wrapping it around you.
"No, Patrick I'm ok!" you were too late, he was adamant you stay warm even if it meant he went cold.
He flung his arm around your shoulder. You reached for his hand with yours, connecting your fingers as his arm slung comfortably over your shoulder like it was meant to be there.
You arrived at your street and stopped outside your door.

"This is me" you shrug your shoulders and grin.
"Nice" he gazes behind you.
"How far are you from here? - do you want to come in book a taxi or something?" you ask him
"No no its ok, I'm not too far from here. The walk will be nice" he smiles. "But thank you!". You smile back at him, and hand him his jacket.
He pulls his arms through the sleeves, and you fix his collar into place.
He puts his hands on your upper arms and starts to rub them before taking you fully into his arms, holding you close and hugging you tight.
He smells amazing, you thought to yourself as you inhaled his scent.
He pulls himself from the hug just an inch, and glances into your eyes. You stroke his cheek with the side of your hand as he leans in forward, gently and softly kissing your lips.

The kiss and hug delicately come to a natural stop. "I'll see you for band practise" he smiled and pecked your lips with his, holding your hands as he pulls away.
"Can't wait" you say as you walk backwards to your door, facing him and watching as he wanders back up the street, waving.

** I'm enjoying it. Don't know about any of you **