Wired

It was Tuesday.
Today was the day you get to see Patrick again.

It only just occured to you that you hadnt exchanged numbers, so not hearing from him since the night of the shed was making you agitated. You hoped he still liked you despite Pete's reassurance.
It was lunch time. You were off work for the rest of the week so you pottered about, doing nothing.
You werent hungry either, so you turned on the TV, barely paying attention as you flicked through the music channels until you stopped at Scuzz.
You stretched your legs across the sofa getting comfortable as the music sang to your emotions.
You felt yourself drifting into a light sleep when the buzzing from your phone intruded your peace.
You jerked yourself up, realising it was only a text. You picked up the phone and opened the home page; the text was from an unknown number. "Hmm. Thats strange." You mummbled to yourself.

"Hey (Y/N)! Pete gave me your number, hope thats okay? On lunch at work so just saying hi while I got the chance xx" the text read. You pouted, wondering who it could be. Of course, you knew who you wanted it to be.
Your phone buzzed again - another text. You opened it.
"Sorry sweetie its Patrick xx"
You beamed with happiness, and butterflies tickled your stomach. You opened the reply box,
"Hey cutie! of course thats okay. How are you? Xx" you kept it short and sweet, waiting for his reply.
A couple of minutes later your phone buzzed again.
"I'm good sugar, what about you? are you still coming tonight? xx"
Sugar? Sweetie? he's so lovely it hurts. You couldn't stand waiting until later to see him.
"I'm fine thanks :) Absolutely, wouldn't miss it for the world! xx" you replied. You and Patrick were texting back and forth for a while before he had to get back to work.
"Ugh lunch over :( See you tonight pretty lady! xxx" you blushed, even in a text he's the cutest.
"Can't wait! try not to hate work too much xxx".

You held your phone to your chest, clutching it; feeling delighted and upbeat.
You checked the time. It was only 1:30! all you wanted was to be over at Pete's, with Patrick.
You stumbled off the sofa and plodded upstairs; you needed to find something to wear for tonight.

** I think Patrick would be this cute in real life.  He's too adorable! **