Setback

* Patrick's POV *

She's beautiful, I thought to myself as I continued to stroke (Y/N's) hair while she slept.

I want her to be my wife more than anything.
If she finds out, she might not ever be Mrs Stump. And not only because she won't want to be.

That terrifies me.

Should I tell her?
Or should I try to resolve it on my own?

I felt the friction of her pajamas against my hip as she started to wake.
Oh boy.
She's perfect even when she's fresh from sleep.

* Third person *

You yawned as you woke up on the sofa to find Patrick cuddling you. He looked gorgeous, but he looked like something was troubling him. He's not great at hiding when something is wrong.

"Hey baby" you whispered, catching his gaze as he leaned in to kiss you.
"Hey sugar" he said "how was your sleep?" he asked you. You smiled.
"Fine thanks. You slept well?" you asked. He nodded, as he rubbed your arm, holding you intently.
"I need to nip out for a bit. Do you need anything?" he told you. You nodded no and smiled, before he kissed you and headed for the door. You watched from the window as he drove out of your street.
Whatever was bothering him, you didnt want to ask. You knew he'd get it sorted.

* Patrick's POV *

I sighed as I pulled into the residential area which I hadn't been to in a long time.
As I parked outside the house, I reflected back on those times. Though most were good, they weren't the happiest. I thought it was what I wanted, but it never turned out how it was promised it would.

I walked up to the front door and rang the door bell. Heart pounding, anxious and hesitant.
It felt like I was waiting centuries before I saw the silhouette approach the door, unlock, and open.

There they stood. Staring at me as though I was a ghost.

"We need to talk" I said sternly, almost like a growl. They nodded, opened the door wider, and gestured for me to come inside.