Turmoil

You paced the floor of the livingroom, as you continued to dial Patrick's number over and over.

There was no answer.

With every ring you felt your heartbeat race as your mind wandered to a dark place. Is he ok? Has he been in an accident? Is he in trouble? It had been almost 4 hours since he said he "needed to nip out for a bit."

What the fuck was going on?

You didnt want to be the pushy fiance who always needed to keep tabs on him. But the more his phone dialled out, the more you freaked out and feared the worst.
You gave up ringing him and lay down on the sofa, holding back the tears as your mind made up scenarios in your head of where he could be.

You jittered as you felt your phone vibrate. You frantically reached for the answer button, getting a quick glimpse at the caller ID first. It was Pete.

"Pete?!" you picked up the call
"Dork? Whats up - wheres Patrick?"
"I dont know. He said he needed to nip out and that was hours ago. I cant get through to his phone either!" you fought against a single tear escaping your eye and rolling down your cheek
"I thought it was just me, I can't get through to him either." Pete told you before there a silence.
"I'm scared, Pete." you whispered
"It's ok. He'll be fine and get in touch soon. Try to stay calm, ok? I'll check in again soon"

You sighed as you looked out the window and ended the call.
Just as you were about to turn away you noticed the dark blue Honda pull in beside the kerb.
You little bastard, where did you just come from?! you thought to yourself. You stood up and galloped to the front door. You stood there, arms crossed, glaring in Patrick's direction as he sprinted to you.

"Baby"
"Do not fucking 'baby' me. Where have you been?! you said you were nipping out?" you were furious.
He looked defeated, almost like he had been through hell himself. You didnt mean to get so angry but the situation had you terrified.
"I'm sorry." he said, looking right into your eyes.

He sighed and shook his head as he followed you back into the livingroom. He stood in the centre of the room, looking down at you as you sat down, waiting for an explanation. You looked up at him, and gestured for him to tell you. He bent down on his knees and sat infront of you, cradling your hands.
"I love you" he said, gazing into your eyes once more, his eyes looking sad and desperate.
You watched his facial expression trying to understand what was going on. He kissed your hand.
"I love you, so so much (Y/N). I just hope you'll still love me after this" he told you. You felt your heart jump out of your chest more and more with every word he said. What's going on?
He got up from his knees and sat next to you, still cradling your hands with his, never breaking eye contact with you.
"Patrick. What's going on?" you said softly, seeing the upset in his eyes as you rubbed his fingers.
"I have something really important to tell you. It's incredibly hard to let you know, but I have to."
You bit your bottom lip and nodded. Did he cheat on you? you thought. He wouldnt. Would he?

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"I am..." he paused and opened his eyes, looking dead straight into yours. "Before we get married, I need to" he paused again, causing a lump in his throat. His eyes were watering up and he looked petrified. He gripped your hand a little tighter. "I need to get divorced."