The First Year.

The Joy of New Life.

July 31st, 1980

"Lily, everything will be okay. All you have to do is push," Penny, the Potters' midwife, stressed. She had been living with the couple for months now, monitoring every step of Lily's pregnancy. Now the day has finally come.

Lily screamed, gripping into the bed and her husband's hand as she pushed more. Not long after, her son was born. Penny rushed away to place the baby on a warm wet towel before returning to Lily. Another five hours later, a baby girl also emerged. Penny set to work cleaning the babes up as Lily heaved in heavy breaths.

"James, could you help me?" Penny called out from the bathroom. Giving his exhausted wife's hand a gentle squeeze, he strolled into the bathroom. There, the midwife handed him his son, carrying the daughter in herself.

"Lily Potter, I present you your healthy, beautiful baby girl," Penny announced semi-dramatically as she placed the baby in her mother's arms. Lily gasped, half crying I'm joy.

"What shall we name them, eh?" James whispered as they traded, holding his little baby girl in his arms for the first time.

"I like Harry for him. Harry James Potter," Lily said as she smiled at her cooing little boy.

"Sounds perfect. How about Olivia for her? After my aunt,"

"Olivia Louise Potter. That way she has my grandmother's name with her as well." The new parents both had tears in their eyes, gazing lovingly on to their two children.

~

The First Year.

August 1980- October 1981

Months past and the two tiny babies began to grow. The christening was short as sweet, as they only invited Sirius and Remus who became godfathers of Harry and Olivia, respectively. They didn't visit the potter home much, but when they did it was some of the few happy moments the Potter had.

As soon as the twins could crawl they explored the whole house together. Lily once found Olivia crying in the garbage bin while Harry babbled down at her from the countertop. Both were little joys as well.

James was thrilled when Harry and Olivia first tried riding around on the toy broomsticks Sirius has pressured to get them. While Harry zoom end around and about ran into the cat, Olivia soared as high as she could before getting frightened of the spinning ceiling fan. James had as soon declare they would both be on the quidditch team that Harry had stuck the end of the broomstick in his mouth.

"Well, they'll have to practice a little more," James replied to Lily's laughing while she pulled the broom away.

The family seemed happy and normal, aside from glances out of windows and doors whenever there was a noise. No death eaters were seen, no matter how spooked the parents had become. Of course, the infants were oblivious to all this and carted on without a care. Lily often wondered how they couldn't just sense the danger, or even the constant fear in the house. Maybe her babies were braver than she was.

Both of them had sparkling green eyes and tufts of black hair, looking as similar as could be. Lily claimed that they had their father's looks, but James always brushed it off. After all, who could tell what they would end up looking like beneath all the baby fat? Still, Lily knew that the twins took after their father and secretly hoped the next one would look like her.

Their first birthday came and went, but not without homemade cake being flung everywhere. Harry took his first steps first, which led to Olivia crying and spitting out her first words "bad Harry". Harry seemed sad by this, and tried to get his sister to stand and walk with him. James often joked that when you teach one, the other is soon to follow. Needless to say, Harry's first words were "Livi, up!"

The year and four months was a beautiful time for the family. Little did they know what momentous event would happen on Halloween that year.

~

Shorter chapter, sorry, but the next ones long I promise!

Hope you enjoyed!