Is This the End?

Olivia? Are you alright? Where are you? Harry reached out as soon as he woke up. Olivia, who had been sitting in muffled silence, gladly welcomed the scare.

Snape shoved me in his pocket once he woke up, I'm still paralysed. What about you and Hermione? And what happened with Sirius?? Did the dementors get to him? Olivia asked question after question, no longer trying to hide her panic.

She heard yelling outside, but the layers of fabric obstructed the words. Harry, are you in the room? Where are you? Where is Snape? Talk to me!

But Harry was too busy arguing to respond. Suddenly, Olivia could see light as the pocket was opened and Snape's fingers dove in. She wanted to do anything— squirm, peck, squawk, escape, transform— but found herself unable to do so. But with the opening of the pocket came sound.

"See, Cornelius? They're obviously confounded. How else could Potter think I could keep a thirteen-year-old girl in my pocket?" Snape boasted, his voice droning on as Olivia grew angrier.

"Was there any sign of the girl?" Fudge asked, his voice lowered.

"None whatsoever. Maybe she had escaped from Black's clutches already, or worse. But she wasn't on Hogwarts grounds." Snape lied so eloquently, and it just made Olivia even more furious.

Harry! What's going on? Why won't you talk to me?!

Harry had returned to arguing, and Severus had closed and covered the pocket once again. Olivia was in the dark, both figuratively and literally.

~

When Harry and Hermione went back in time that night, every little move they made they had to carefully calculate. They had to make a triple rescue— Buckbeak from execution, Sirius from the dementors' kiss, and Olivia from Snape's nefarious plans.

Dumbledore's instructions were as cryptic as ever, "Now pay attention. Sirius is locked in Professor Flitwick's office on the seventh floor. Thirteenth window from the right of the West Tower. If all goes well, you will be able to save more than one innocent life tonight. But remember this, both of you: You must not be seen. Miss Granger, you know the law—you know what is at stake... You—must—not—be—seen."

For most of their adventure, Harry had no clue what was going on. Why were they in a broom closet? How had they gone back in time? How are they in two places at once? Where did Hermione get the hourglass thing? Did Dumbledore mean Buckbeak, too? How were they going to get Buckbeak without being seen? Why wouldn't Buckbeak move??

He stopped questioning it by the time they led Buckbeak out into the forest. This was what was happening, no choice but to go with it. They waited in the forest for a while, moving to a spot closer to the Whomping Willow as soon as they could. They watched themselves get pulled down the rabbit hole that is the Whomping Willow, with Lupin and Snape following suit.

Once they saw everyone leave the scene, Harry explained to Hermione what he had seen with the Patronus. He would swear up and down that it was James Potter casting the patronus that saved them. He had gotten his hopes up— if Peter was alive, why not his father?

His hopes were what forced him to run to the scene flooded with dementors, leaving Hermione behind to grab Olivia once their past selves had left. He sprinted through the trees, planting himself behind a bush while desperately awaiting his father's appearance. In that last moment, when he realised that it was himself he had seen conjure the patronus, he sprinted out and yelled the spell with no doubt in his mind whether or not he could do it.

When they saw Snape load everyone on to stretcher, Harry had the sudden thought, "Wait, what about Olivia?"

"I grabbed her without her seeing my face, she's in my pocket now." Hermione assured him.

"Yes but in the old time she was in Snape's pocket. Doesn't that screw things up? Disrupt something?" Harry questioned again, suddenly aware of how much his head hurt.

"I guess so, but what else is there to do about it? We couldn't have gotten her any other time. Oh god, what happens from that?" Hermione was questioning herself in that moment but they very quickly realised they need to get to the castle and quickly— they still had to save Sirius.

The flight up to the thirteenth window on the right from the West Tower went by in a flash, and soon enough they landed on the West Tower and handed the reigns off to Sirius.

"Sirius, you'd better go, quick," Harry panted. "They'll reach Flitwick's office any moment, they'll find out you're gone."

"I won't leave without Olivia." Sirius deadpanned, even though he made no move to get off of Buckbeak. Harry had the image of Sirius breaking down Hogwarts' doors to save her, and smiled slightly at the thought.

"Oh I've got her— here—" Hermione pulled the small, confused bird out of her pocket and casted a quick, "Finite!"

"Oh thank Merlin!" Olivia breathed out as soon as she transformed back. Then she took a look around at what was happening and shouted, "What the hell is going on?"

"Liv, we don't have much time. Hop on, we've got to go." Sirius said from the anxious-growing Buckbeak's back.

"Oh thank god you're okay!" Olivia said as she sighed in relief. She turned around and saw Harry and Hermione were alright as well and pulled them into a hug, "I don't know what's going on but thank god you're all okay. What about Ron? Where's he?"

"He's alright. You've really got to go, they'll be here any moment." Hermione insisted, looking around with worried eyes.

"One last thing," Olivia smacked Harry across the back of his head, "Harry James Potter, if you ever scare me like that again—"

"Yes I get it, I'm sorry, but you have to go!" Harry practically pushed her on to Buckbeak, leading a hand to help her climb up and sit in front of Sirius.

"We'll see each other again," Sirius said dramatically as he whirled Buckbeak around to face the right way, "You truly are your father's son, Harry..."

He squeezed Buckbeak's sides with his heels, and soon enough the three ex-cons were flying off into the distance. Harry gazed after them, watching the hippogriffe and its riders become smaller and smaller... And before he knew it, the two good family memebers he had left were gone.

~~

Guys, I think this is the end of this book. After 55 parts, an ending has been well overdue. This one book managed to cover 3+ Harry Potter novels! I still can't get over how well this book has done.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you would like a sequel! I think Sirius hides in the tropics for a bit according to the wiki, but idk if I'd stick with that or just have them go to places I'm familiar with (AKA America pretty much). But yeah, PLEASE LET ME KNOW if you want one, where they should go, etc.!

Anyway, for the final time, please leave feedback, and I hope you enjoyed all 55 parts of The Lost Potter!