Finally

It took only a day for Olivia to be able to fully transform after that. Sirius later tried to joke that it was because of how disgusting the potion was, and that she just wanted to get it over with, but they both knew the truth- the longer they stayed, the worse off everything would be. Not only with their sanity, but also with Pettigrew so close to Harry. Here's how that fateful night went.

"Olivia? You up?" Sirius asked. She had tried after eating breakfast to no avail, and had been sleeping the rest of the day. If Sirius was honest, he was missing having someone to talk to. You'll have plenty of time to talk once you're out of here, he reminded himself.

"Barely. Is supper here?" She asked, not turning over just yet. She did start rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, though, just the actual moving part seemed too much a hassle. That and she was having this wonderful dream of flying...

"Yup. You might want to eat up before the bugs get to it." Sirius tried to joke, before hearing a distinct thump come from Olivia's cell, "What was that? Olivia?"

Olivia heard him through new ears, and saw the world from new eyes. Without even meaning to, she had conjured up her animagus form. She hadn't realised her stretching was part of the transformation, or that she had been steadily shrinking. And of all things, she turned out to be a bird. She couldn't tell what bird or anything- the Malfoys weren't avid birdwatchers- but she saw her own black wings and supposed at least she wasn't a parrot.

She hopped a few paces towards the bars, trying to gauge if she could fit through them. She stretched her wings out and knew that wouldn't work, so she just hopped tried through the bars and once successful made her way down the hall. This was the first time she'd really seen this hall, so she took her time to look around.

"Olivia?" He waited a second, "Olivia?" then, groaning, "Why do you always worry me like this? What did I ever do to you?" Sirius asked, smiling wittily while running his hands through what he could of his matted hair. That was until he saw a little rook hopping its way through the hall.

Olivia chirped a few notes, not trusting a full call to be quiet. Once she looked Sirius's way, she finally saw the man she'd been talking to for over two years.

His dark hair was long and scruffy, with plenty of overgrown facial hair to match. He had sunken-in eyes, though Olivia figured she probably didn't look much better. He had ripped the collar of his prison uniform at one point, showing off tattoos that she knew she had to ask about later. Sirius's eyes themselves were as black as his name, but as the two locked eyes Olivia saw a wonderful sparkle in them, and she then had no doubt about whether or not to trust him.

"Did you do it? So soon? And a bird is just splendid!" He whispered, leaning down to address her.

He got a little caught up in the excitement, so Olivia jerked her head sideways. Are we leaving now or should I go back to my cell?

"Oh yes, yes. Let me see if I can fit through these bars," Sirius took a deep breath, and Olivia watched in awe as he shrunk into his dog form. His new form was as dark as his eyes, with some thin patches and greying peppered throughout his coat. As Olivia hopped to the side, she saw a frightening sight- his ribs were completely visible, as was his spine and leg bones.

Olivia let out a low chirp at the sight, Are you sure about this?

Sirius smiled slightly, glad he could also understand bird animagus. We'll be fine. Just get out of here, and I'll swim over the North Sea with you flying. Follow me.

The black hound scampered off towards the same same hallway Fudge had left through only a day prior. He knew that in order to apparate to Azbakan, you had to be out of the building, so he just hoped that this was the right way.

Olivia, after getting over her shock of being able to understand him, bounced along behind him before realising I could just fly.

And so the crow and the dog took off down the long hall of empty cells before coming to a reinforced door. Sirius tried running into it, and Olivia tried twisting the handle with her beak, but it was no use- it was inoperable by animals.

I'll just turn back human and open it, then.Olivia chirped to him, but Sirius growled in response.

The second you're human again the dementors will sense you're not in your right place. There has to be another way.

Olivia had an idea, and commanded Sirius to hide. As soon as he was properly hidden in the many shadows, Olivia took off flying down the halls, careful not to wear herself out just yet- though it was getting closer by the minute.

As she passed her room, the thought that she might never have to step foot in it again filled her with determination. She looked back at the meagre conditions and her determination quickly turned to rage- at Lucius for being Lucius, at Narcissa for not helping, at Draco for not believing her, and at the entire magic community for sentencing her to this hell.

These thoughts of madness paused her path and she slipped through the bars again without realising it. Just as she had done in her room those years ago, she began trashing the place as she let everything out. Even though she let the emotions take the wheel, she kept everything as quiet as she could, and tried not to wear herself out, just in case.

After that she was back on her original plan, and she soared through the halls to find any nearby dementor. And when she found one, she attempted to get its attention.

In classic bird fashion, she started kaw-ing and chirping and making all sorts of noise while being perched behind the dementor. The demon spun around to find the noise, but saw no bird. Olivia flew backwards towards the door, chirping as she went, with the dementor hovering behind her.

Once they got to the door, the dementor didn't need telling twice and opened the door for the pesky bird. Olivia could see it get impatient when she stayed perched inside, waiting for it to leave before closing the door. She could almost see the dementor sniffing- searching out prisoners like a thirsty bloodhound. He must've smelled something amiss, for he hovered towards the way of Olivia's and Sirius's cells, leaving the door cracked open.

Come on, we don't have a lot of time before they realise we're gone. Olivia prompted, flying through the crack. Sirius slid through the opening with ease and soon they were out on the top of Azkaban itself.

They made their way over to the high edge, looking down over the bleak ocean. Sirius whimpered slightly seeing the jump, but didn't think twice before saying a Here goes nothing and jumping over the side.

Sirius! Olivia called out in shock, flying over the waves to try and find him, Sirius, where are you?

Then she saw a black dog's head pop out of the water and she breathed a mental sigh of relief. It was well past nightfall, so their black figures were almost indistinguishable from their surroundings except by aid of the moon.

Calm down, I can't really talk while swimming. Just stick with me and we'll be fine. Sirius reassured, doggy-paddling with all his might.

And that was how Olivia transformed, and how her and Sirius escaped the horrible prison known as Azkaban.

~~
EDIT: 4/13/17 I fixed the reasoning why she trashed her room because I didn't feel like it fit. Doesn't matter much overall but I'm a perfectionist.

~~
I know that ending sounds a little final, but trust me- this book has a while to go yet. After all, we've only just made it to book three!

Anyway, please leave feedback and I hope you enjoyed!