The Tell-All

Admittedly, the plan Olivia and Sirius had thought of was great- find the best opportunity to get into Hogwarts, get inside, somehow steal Pettigrew, and bring him back to the Shack to deliver justice. And when the plan had been made back at Grimmauld Place, it didn't need to be anything more.

But as the weeks passed, they found dementors everywhere. As in, surrounding Hogwarts AND patrolling Hogsmeade. Everywhere they turned, a dementor was there to shake them to the core. That alone made Olivia hesitant getting closer, until Sirius snapped her out of it. And after the first night, there was a lot of snapping to be had in the Shrieking Shack.

The morning after, Olivia woke up with a terrible headache and an urge to go to sleep and never wake up. Nevertheless, she climbed out of bed and made her way downstairs to try and splash some water on her face.

Sirius had already woken up, and had occupied his time by dusting off some of the furniture. It was hopeless, but something to do.

"Morning. Sleep well?" He asked, his voice extremely hoarse from lack of water and the fit he'd had the night before. Not that he'd tell Olivia about that- she tried to even out their playing field the night before, but his fits weren't your average nightmare. The rage he felt consumed him, and he could think of nothing else but the injustice he'd been served. He knew it was all because of Azkaban, and that Olivia would find out sooner or later, but he hoped for far later.

"No Azkaban nightmares, which is good," Olivia commented back, leaving out the Lucius nightmare she'd actually had. Only then she didn't have her powers, and could do nothing as he had his way. It wasn't a nightmare, but more a hellish flashback. Not that Sirius needed to know that, "You?"

"Nothing unusual. Are you hungry?" Sirius asked as Olivia splashed the mysterious water on her face. She'd forgotten to tie back her hair, and cursed as her bushy mane got drenched as well. Sirius just snickered and ignored the language.

"Definitely. We need to get food before we sit down and have our tell-all anyway," Olivia responded after she had wrung out the ends of her hair.

Sirius mentally swore, hoping she had forgotten about the tell-all, as she put it, "I actually have a better plan then the one you suggested, it came to me this morning- how about we just hunt in our animagus forms?"

Olivia pondered this as she turned to face him, "Would that work? Does it, like, carry-over?"

"I haven't done much testing, but I remember doing it once or twice before. This way we don't have to steal anything and get unwanted attention," he reasoned, a little proud of himself for thinking of it.

"Okay. Is there a door we should be using for this place?" Olivia asked as Sirius moved to open the hole they'd used before, "Or is everything boarded up? Why is it boarded up, anyway?"

"There was a building here, before. Then it got old and so they boarded it up," Sirius fibbed, not feeling right to tell Remus's secret, "And after that your father, godfather, Peter, and I used this place as a hide-out. We never used the door, but I had this hole just in case  there was an emergency. Now come on, I'll explain once we've eaten."

With that, they changed forms and popped out the hole. Sirius took off in the way of the surrounding cottages, explaining that dog food would be easier for him to get than tracking down any animal. Olivia took to the skies, looking first around for bird-feeders. The homes didn't seem to have any, however, so she found gardens and just open areas in general to find bugs to eat. After hopping around to about four areas or so, she was definitely full and so she flew back to the Shack. I'm heading back, meet me when you're finished. She called to Sirius as she went, enjoying the weather of early autumn.

Sirius got home no more than an hour later, and settling himself in the three-legged chair across from Olivia, who sat on a torn armchair. He transformed to find himself pleasantly full, and was happy for a brief second before he realised what all he and Olivia needed to do. The tell-all.

"Shall I start?" Olivia asked as she saw his face fall. He nodded after a moment, and she took a deep breath, "You remember me mentioning that the Malfoys raised me, right?"

Sirius nodded and she continued, "Well Narcissa is a very severe person, but I got along with her fine for the most part. Their son, Draco, and I were friends who fought like siblings. But it was Lucius who made that house hell.

I'm not going into details, but he checked off every kind of abuse there is. When I got into Hogwarts, I was sure that I could be free from him. I was sorted into Gryffindor where I befriended Harry, and met his friends Ron and Hermione. It was too good to be true.

First I had some sort of reaction to Harry's scar and landed myself in the hospital wing. It would've been fine, but Draco had sent a lettre to his father detailing my troublemaking. He sent me a furious lettre in return, and I knew I was screwed when I got home.

I panicked. My first reaction was to blame Draco, and I lashed out on him. In my fear of the punishment and the rage it had turned into, I found out I had these powers. I battered Draco unconscious, broke Dumbledore's arm, and even hit Harry in my rage.

The ministry declared me unfit to be in class with other students, and I had to take private tutoring lessons in a separate part of the castle for the rest of the semester.

At some point in the middle, Dumbledore showed me the pensive, where we looked at my earliest memory to discover that I was James and Lily's daughter. It was all just a big shock, and yeah, I think I've got you caught up," Sirius didn't even have time to resist before Olivia prompted him, "Your turn. How did you kill those people?"

Sirius sighed and plunged into his own tale, thoughts of awesome power and abusive beginnings still rumbling around his head, "Your parents had to go into hiding when your mother was pregnant with you. They used the fidelus charm, the same thing used on Grimmauld Place- it can only be found if the Secret Keeper or the owner tells you it's there.

They told everyone that I was the secret keeper, but I begged them to tell someone else. I thought Remus was on the Dark Side, and begged them to tell Pettigrew instead. I was convinced the little man couldn't possibly be dark- he's far too weak.

I was very wrong. I was so wrong. I still believe that if I had just done what I had been asked, they would be here," Sirius wiped away all tears threatening to break free, "That fateful night, I went to check on Peter, but he wasn't there.  I rushed to the Potter house, but I was too late- Dumbledore had already been there as well. Hagrid, who took Harry to the Dursleys', filled me in on what happened and I instantly set off to find the worthless Pettigrew.

I did find him, and was so enraged that I blew up the muggle street. But Pettigrew had thought of this- he chopped off a finger to sell the act, and transformed to scuttle away like the rat he is. But the media still thought I was the Secret Keeper, and that Peter had gone after me. They dragged me to Azkaban, and that's where I rotted for twelve years. Twelve years of waiting, to tear the head off of that filthy traitor."

Olivia was stunned at his story, and Sirius was still questioning hers, but silence still filled the room.

"Does Remus know?" Was how Olivia broke the silence.

Sirius wistfully sighed, the cloud of despair that plagued him starting to pour, "I never got the chance to tell him."

~~

In rereading the book, I realised that Sirius actually lived in the forest for the most part, watching Harry. But writing two animals hanging out in a forest for months sounds boring af, so I've twisted it. Sue me.

Anyway, please leave feedback and I hope you enjoyed!

PS: Dies Sirius give Harry the Firebolt broom? It's not confirmed in the book that I can find. It's either Sirius or Remus for sure. What do you think? Let me know, and I'll be sure to thank anyone who helps!