Come On!

The next morning, breakfast came and went without any trouble- although Olivia still stayed as far from the dementors as possible. She had just placed the cup back into the window when she heard Sirius talking. It was barely audible, and at first she thought that he just didn't mean for her to hear. Then she started really listening.

"The filthy rat never did anybody any good. We kept the lowlife around to be nice for once, but look at what he's done! He's killed them, oh why did he have to kill them? Then he tells the whole world that it was me! It wasn't me! I'm no murderer! But I get to rot in here with the filth, where the filthy rat should be," He muttered. Olivia couldn't tell if Sirius was even awake, but she knew she had to get him out of whatever this was.

"Sirius!" She tried once. The muttering stopped, but he didn't respond, "Sirius, come on!"

"Hmm?" Sirius responded, sounding very out of it.

"Sirius what was that?" Olivia felt scared and confused and really didn't like that.

"What was what? What happened?" Sirius rubbed his eyes open. He had a sneaking suspicion of what she was talking about, but didn't want to assume anything.

"You were talking in your sleep, I guess,"Olivia started to realise how stupid she sounded- he probably already knows, why am I bringing it up?

"It's nothing to be worried about, I've been doing that for a few years now," Sirius said, his suspicions confirmed, "What was I saying this time?"

Olivia let out a sigh, "Just something about the guy who framed you. Sorry, I should have let you sleep."

Sirius stretched out, "Wasn't sleep worth anything anyway. If I ever start talking like that don't be scared to wake me up, okay?"

Olivia wiped the frown off her face and nodded before realising he couldn't see her, "Okay. I've got the potion going again, and breakfast already came by."

"Same usual glop? No surprise there," Sirius commented to himself as he walked over and grabbed the tray from the ground.

"How do you think they prepare this?" Olivia wondered aloud, "It's not like the dementors do this, right?"

Sirius shrugged, "Maybe. Dementors won't ever poison us like some vengeful guard or anything."

"But it could also be done on the mainland and delivered here." Olivia piped up, not wanting to think about potential poisoning.

"Who would deliver it?" Sirius tested her theory.

"Whoever made it, maybe? Or just some impartial middle man." Olivia scribbled on the ground, making swirls and then wiping them away.

"Could be. No one person knows too much about this place, I feel." Sirius said between bites.

"No one person would want to."

-

After dinner had come and they were alone for the night, Olivia pulled out the potion and stirred it again. The color was definitely bright, but wasn't exactly clear like most liquids.

"I think it's done." Olivia proclaimed, "But it's a little opaque."

"Opaque?" Sirius questioned. How does an eleven year old have a better vocabulary than me?

"It's not see-through." Olivia elaborated.

"Oh. Well we didn't use pure ingredients, so it won't be exactly that same, but it should do the trick. How much do you have there?" Sirius shrugged off, it should be fine.

"Three-quarters of a cup, right about. How long does this have to last, again?" Olivia looked at the small amount of liquid in the cup.

"Just as long as it takes. You ready to try transforming?" Sirius asked, somewhat excited that they had actually gotten this far.

"How do I go about transforming?" Olivia sniffed the liquid and found it wasn't as offensive mixed as it was separate.

"You take a drink, say the words Amato Animo Animato Animagus, and focus." Sirius repeated Remus's words from all those years ago.

"Just focus? On what?" Olivia was still skeptical, obviously.

"You'll feel it when it happens. It's like a tugging in your gut, and then you just do it. Or repeat my little phrase you've memorised, that's always helped me." Sirius explained, somewhat sad that he didn't get to see her during the transformation, "And do it on your cot, you might pass out afterwards."

"Okay. Here goes." Olivia took a few deep breaths then drank a swallow of the potion, feeling its bubbly-ness run down her throat.

She let it settle and hid the potion once again before she repeated the words, "Ah-mat-o An-i-mo Ani-mato Animagus"

"One more time, with more confidence," Sirius prompted her as soon as she had said the phrase.

Olivia could feel a pull, but wasn't sure if it was magic or just hunger pains. She swallowed her uneasiness and tried again,"Amato Animo Animato Animagus."

The world started to spin around her, but she just focused on "releasing her inner beast". She saw the world grow to twice its size before it all went black.

"Shit." Sirius swore. He had heard her struggling and the eventual thump, but had no way to know if she was successful- or when she would wake up.

-

Dinner was approaching, and Sirius couldn't get Olivia to talk- whether that meant she had failed
and passed out or she was successful and sleeping, he didn't know. But he did know she needed to be human and quick, or their plans would be ruined.

"Olivia!" Sirius tried again, raising his voice to a lot louder than he usually did. He heard someone far down the hall yell, but he wasn't sure if that was in response or just a normal sound.

Still there was nothing. He swore again, and looked around for anything. He couldn't even see more than the very edge of her cell, what was he supposed to do?

"Olivia, come on!" He tried again, raising his voice. He heard something, but tried again, "You can go back to sleep, I just need to know if you're human." He said the  last word as a rushed whisper, as if others were watching.

"I'm fine, let me sleep," Olivia groaned, a massive headache invading every attempt to get up.

"Oh thank god. Get your rest, dinner will be along any moment," Sirius said, feeling suddenly guilty that he'd woken her up. Better her miss sleep than be killed.

Unbeknownst to those two in the lonely prison, the date was 29th of July, 1993, and Harry and Olivia were only days from turning 13.

~~

I tossed the date in there to help keep everyone caught up on the timeline, as Azkaban really warps your perception of time. Not that I would know of course...

Anyway, please leave feedback and I hope you enjoyed!