The Encounter

The Encounter

2 Weeks Before School Starts

Olivia didn't know exactly where to go, but she followed the feeling in her gut to hopefully get her somewhere. It pulled her alongside main road, through alleyways, even on some lonely roads you'll only ever see one car on. But the farther she got from Lucius, the better she felt. And this new place seemed to be the best place to go.

~

Harry had recently returned from Diagon Alley. Even after pleading with Hagrid to not return him to the Dursleys, he'd ended up back at Privet Drive. The Dursleys let him stay upstairs in a bedroom now, so all of his new school supplies fit. Part of him missed the closet, he'd grown up in it. Even with that he never wanted to return.

That day Dudley insisted on going to the local park to play with some of his friends. Vernon and Petunia instantly denied Harry from going, locking the bedroom door to keep him trapped inside the house. He huffed, but knew he probably wouldn't have left his room much anyway. The sun was just starting to set when a pulling feeling came over him.

"Okay, this is new," Harry mumbled. His senses seemed to be pointing him in a certain direction to follow. Of course he stayed put, but it felt like he was a fish caught on a hook and was being pulled in. Only this time, the fish stayed where it was and reeled in the fisherman.

Harry tried sleeping it off, which didn't work. He tried reading his new textbooks to find a reason, which didn't work. He tried anything to keep him from jumping out his two-story window.

The feeling continued for days, getting stronger by the hour. When the Dursleys returned they didn't even bother to unlock the door, as his aunt and Dudley went out for shopping and Vernon left for work early the next morning. So Harry was left to marinate in his room, slowing feeling as if he were going mad.

Finally, as the evening dwindled down, he felt as if his head had exploded. But instead of his senses pointing him to a far-off land, they seemed to only be pointing him a mile or so away. He frantically beat on the door but knew it was no use- whatever wanted him would have to come and get him.

~

Olivia wandered and wandered. She smacked on her limited supply of food, but didn't have any muggle money to buy food with. She debated just going to Diagon Alley but she didn't even know where she was to get there.

Maybe this feeling is pulling me to some decent food. Or maybe it's even pulling me to Hogwarts. Hell, it might just be leading me to my grave.

As her mind whirled, she noticed that it had started to rain. It poured down on Olivia, soaking her through and through. She walked through the constant waterfall and shrieked as she saw her grey t-shirt streaked in yellow and brown. Running under the cover of the nearest building, she looked at her reflection in the window. The new blonde hair and freckles seemed to act as makeup and ran in the rain. She wiped the majority of it off her face, not wanting to look any crazier than she felt.

Olivia walked on, pulling her hair out of the restricting French braid Narcissa always did. She ran her hands through her messy curls, loving the feel of finally setting them free. Looking up, she noticed she was walking into some of the smaller neighbourhoods. The rain had barely cleared when the sun started to set.

Wow, I've managed a whole day out here. How have they not found me yet?

She made it to a street called Privet Drive. It was a quaint little neighbourhood, but she still didn't understand where exactly she was going and why. She stopped on the sidewalk of one of the houses, feeling like it was the right place to be.