Wide Awake Part 2

Wide Awake Part 2

September 3rd, 1991

Olivia, please wake up soon. Olivia had been close to the surface for a while now, but the simple sentence snapped her out of the darkness. She sat up in her hospital bed, confused at the change of scenery.

"Hello? Anybody here?" Olivia called out. The window behind her showcased the dark sky only seen in the depths of the night.

"Oh, you're awake," Madam Pomfrey rubbed her face awake. It was three thirty in the morning, of course her patient would wake up then.

"Madam Pomfrey, is it?" The matron nodded, "Excuse me, but how did I get here? What happened?"

"My child you have been in what's called a trance, a coma from either a curse or of a magical origin. Do you have any idea what triggered it?"

"I-I remember seeing Harry's scar before the vision started-," Olivia meant to go on with her story, but Madam Pomfrey shook her head.

"I'm not supposed to hear your visions, they're usually very personal and are not meant to be shared with just anyone. How are you feeling?" Madam stood beside the girl, tying her robe closed.

"Well-rested, actually, am I allowed to go?" Olivia asked. She had just realised how exposed her bruises and marks were in the hospital gown she was put in.

"Not just yet, one quick question- where on earth did you get those injuries?" Poppy asked in a quiet tone, trying not to scare the young girl. It didn't work, as Olivia's eye doubled in size.

"I-I-I'm just very, clumsy is all," Olivia tried but Poppy saw straight through it. Sighing, the matron brought out a tray of food she had gotten earlier and gave it to Olivia.

"Very well. Eat up, once you've regained your strength the Headmaster wants to see you," Olivia gulped and ate at a snails pace, but eventually ran out of the crumbs. After they both changed, the two ladies made their way to the Headmaster's office.

The password was a strange concept to Olivia but they were soon climbing the spiral staircase. Dumbledore wasn't in his office, so Poppy excused herself and made her way to his chambers.

"Albus, Olivia has woken up," Pomfrey knocked on the grand door, and a few minutes later a disheveled Albus stepped out of the doors. Poppy cut him off from walking down the hall and pulled him to the side.

"Albus, I fear she is abused at home. Her bruises and scars can't possibly be self-inflicted," Albus nodded and Poppy went on, "Also, if we cannot get the answers otherwise, I do have a bit of her blood from her wounds if need be,"

The two walked down the short hall and made their way to a sitting Olivia. Poppy excused herself, and soon it was just the two of them.

"Now Madam Pomfrey tells me you had a vision in this trance?" Albus didn't actually talk to Poppy enough to know, but he just assumed.

"Yes, it was almost like a memory...," As Olivia recalled the tale, Dumbledore's eyebrows danced around to her words. Once she had finished, he stood and motioned for her to stand with him.

"Do you trust me, Olivia?" Dumbledore asked as he laid his wand on his desk. Olivia half-shrugged, half-nodded,"Because what I'm about to do may uncover some things you will not want others to know,"

Olivia still nodded and went on with it. He gently picked up his wand, and held it up for her to see. She looked at him confused, so he explained.

"Wizards have a way of extracting and watching memories in what is called a pensieve," Dumbledore motioned to the stone basin partially hidden behind his desk, "With this I can extract some of your early memories and put this confusion to rest,"