The Reveal

Goodbye, Peter."

"NO!" Harry yelled, running in between Pettigrew and his two opposers, "You can't kill him," he said breathlessly, "You can't."

The other two looked at him shocked.

"Harry, this piece of vermin is the reason you have no parents," Sirius snarled, "This treacherous rodent is the reason that Olivia had to endure both the Malfoys and Azkaban. This cringing bit of filth would have seen you die without turning a hair. His own stinking skin meant more to him than your whole family!"

"I kn—," Harry stopped himself, "What did he have to do with Olivia?"

Sirius could feel the guilt eating at him as he realised what he'd done, "She's your sister, Harry. Voldemort stole her the same night he tried to kill you. She..she found out through Dumbledore, and she wanted to tell you herself," he took a breath, "I'm sorry I had to be the one to tell you."

"That's why..." Harry trailed off, heavily lost in thought. That's why the powers, the connection. But why didn't she tell me that night? Why not tell me on the train ride? Or when assuring me that she was okay? Why keep this secret?

Harry, you have every right to be angry with me. I shouldn't have kept this from you. Olivia's voice filled his mind, and a brief feeling of relief flooded his senses.

I'm not angry, really, just confused. And are you okay? Are you injured? Harry responded looking at her unmoving form in worry, You still look unconscious.

It's not so deep that I can't talk to you. Most of it's just fatigue catching up to me, these powers are exhausting. As for why, I'm not quite sure— when would've been the best time to tell you that we're twins?

Harry sighed internally, Fair point. Is this why we can talk like this? And does this have anything to do with your powers?

I'm not sure, it could be. But before we get interrupted, can you promise me something?

What is it?

Promise me you won't let Sirius—or Remus for that matter— become murderers. They'll send them to that—that place in a heartbeat, and they don't deserve that. If they kill him, they'll be as as as him—

"Harry, move aside, please," Remus unknowingly interrupted.

"I know he sold them out," Harry looked up at them, "I know that. But let's take him up to the castle. We'll hand him over to the dementors... He can go to Azkaban... but don't kill him."

"Harry!" Gasped Pettigrew as he flung himself around Harry's legs, "Thank you—this is more than I deserve—thank you—"

"Get off me," Harry spat, throwing Peter's hands off of him as he felt the disgust bubble up, "I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it because I just promised Olivia exactly this. She doesn't want you to succumb to that. She said that if you kill him, you'll be as bad as he is and you'll both be sent to Azkaban in a heartbeat."

No one moved, the only sound heard Pettigrew's wheezing. Sirius and Remus looked at each other, and in one movement, lowered their wands.

"You two are the only ones who have the right to decide." Sirius relented, "But think... think of what he did..."

"Let him go to Azkaban. If anyone deserves that place, it's him." Harry decided all on his own, feeling Olivia's general agreement as soon as he said it.

"Very well. Stand aside, Harry, so I can tie him up..." Remus instructed, and Harry hesitantly stepped out of the way. Soon enough, Peter was bound in the same thin cords that Remus had been just a second ago.

"But if you transform, Peter, we will kill you," Sirius growled as he aimed his own wand at Pettigrew, "You agree, Harry?"

Harry made sure to lock eyes with Pettigrew as he nodded, although he was unsure if it could actually be carried through.

"What about Professor Snape and Olivia?" Hermione asked as they prepared to leave.

"There's nothing seriously wrong with Snape," Remus reported as he knelt down to check his pulse, "Still out cold. Although it'll probably be best to wait to revive him until we're safely back to the castle."

"I'll take him, check on Liv," Sirius instructed, casting, "Mobilicorpus," at Snape's body, which floated up into the air limply.

"She's fine— and awake," Remus reported, jumping slightly as her eyes fluttered open.

Olivia groaned slightly as she tried to get up, "Merlin, I'm exhausted. I've used up my powers twice today alone— I don't even know if I can get up."

"Let me try something," Hermione butted in, kneeling next to Olivia with her wand back in her hand, "Rennervate."

Olivia shot up suddenly, although her face showed that the movement wasn't exactly pleasant, "Wow, okay, that's a boost. Thanks, Hermione."

Hermione muttered a small you're welcome as she and Harry helped Olivia stand up.

You up for walking? Harry asked telepathically before he could think about it.

"I'm not sure on that one." Olivia responded aloud, leaning on Harry heavily just to stand, "Why does gravity feel stronger than usual?"

"Do you want to wrap your leg back up?" Sirius asked her, looking at her worriedly as unspoken words passed between them.

"Yeah, that might help. Can I borrow your wand, Harry?" He nodded and handed his over, "ferula. There. That's better. Don't forget your coat, Sirius, who knows if we're coming back."

He smiled wearily at that as he bent down to pick up his folded coat and put it on with his wand still aimed at the floating Snape.

"And two of us should be chained to this one. Just to make sure." Sirius suggested, nudging the tied up Pettigrew with his toe.

"I'll do it." Remus said first.

"And me," Ron said savagely, limping forward. Soon Remus produced heavy manacles from thin air and attached himself and Ron to their prisoner. Ron looked quite determined, like he was taking Scabbers's true identity as an insult.

Crookshanks leapt lightly off the bed and led the way out of the room, his bottlebrush tail held jauntily high.

~~

Finally finished with the chapter "The Servant of Lord Voldemort" in PoA. On to "The Dementor's Kiss" next, should be tons of fun.

Anyway, please leave feedback, and I hope you enjoyed!