Diagon Alley

Diagon Alley

Two days later.

To keep this story somewhat family-friendly, the punishment Olivia was given by her illegally adoptive father will not be described. After it and a day of recovery, Narcissa decided to take Draco and Olivia to Diagon, as they had spent all their time searching for her instead of going earlier.

"Now let's follow your school lists and see what there is to purchase," Mrs. Malfoy announced as she grabbed our hands and led us away from the densely packed street, "First let's get your uniforms,"

Popping into the clothing store, they saw loads of students, mostly first years, swarming and trying to get fitted. Narcissa sighed and walked to the back, having the children follow her. The manager greeted them, and fitted them in the separate room they usually used for rich clients. The fittings took barely any time at all, and they bought their work robes, winter cloaks, protective gloves and even their pointed hats there.

"Moving on, let's stop by the bookstore," Narcissa commanded. Luckily the store had bundles for first years, being tired of the sheer amount of requests. They purchased two bundles and moved on tot he assorted magical supplies, such as pewter cauldrons and brass scales. Next stop- wands.

At Ollivander's, the two children found the place completely empty except them and Mr. Ollivander himself. Slightly odd, but they just shrugged it off.

"Welcome back Narcissa. Ah, this must be Draco," The two locked eyes for a second before his eyes moved to me, "And who's this? Not a Malfoy, I assume,"

"I'm their ward, Olivia Gaunt. A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Ollivander," She introduced, her usually mid-tone voice now weak and breaking. He raised an eyebrow but didn't bring attention to it.

"The pleasure's all mind. Now let me pull some wands for you two," He climbed various ladders and pulled about a dozen wands, placing them all on his desk, "Pick one, each of you,"

Olivia picked up a box with a cedar box, Draco a mahogany boxed one. They opened their at the same time, and stared in wonder at the beautifully crafted wands in front of them.

"Well, go on, give them a flick," Ollivander prompted.

Draco's emitted a horrific shriek when flicked, causing everyone to jump. Olivia's shot back into the box on its own. The group chuckled and moved on to the next boxes. After only two more boxes, Draco's emitted  a silver shimmering firework, which was apparently a good sign.

"A fine choice, Draco, 10" long, made of hawthorn wood, and with a unicorn hair core. Marvellous indeed. Let's keep working with yours, Olivia,"

Eventually, Olivia opened another box and gave this wand a flick, and felt herself rising off the ground. She smiled, the most she could do, before willing it to put her back down.

"Excellent. 10 3/4" long, made of willow and with a dragon heartstring," Ollivander announced as Narcissa bought the two wands. Olivia and Draco were learning every single detail of their new wands.

Draco's was black at the handle, with two black rings before fading into a wooden texture and colour. Olivia's was larger at the end, and the wood created ripples on the handle. The grip ended in the wood branching in an outwards curve, and the rest was the wood swirled around. It was a medium tan, with deeper brown running throughout it. The twists of the stripes seemed to mesmerise Olivia as she ran her fingers along them.

"Come on, you two, let's grab something to eat before we get your new pets," Narcissa dragged them along, forcing them to put their wands away in their bags of supplies.

The trio walked along the crowded street, eventually stopping at a higher-end restaurant called Magus Gustus. Olivia sighed- this place was always so dull. The Malfoys liked it's upper class finishes, but she always liked the Leaky Cauldron more.