Home Sweet Home

"Hey," Olivia heard from beyond her sleep, "Come on, we're here."

She felt her head being moved and snapped up instantly. Turns out the voice had been Sirius, who's shoulder she had fallen asleep on. He stood and motioned her to follow him, and they made their way off the bus.

"So this is muggle London," Olivia muttered, looking around at all the identical buildings connected to one another. There were people everywhere, although the sun was getting lower in the sky and it was going to be evening soon.

"You've never been to London?" Sirius joked as he lead them down the sidewalk. He only vaguely knew where they were, but figured that this direction was probably right.

"Only to Diagon Alley, really. Or when Mrs. Malfoy took me out with her friends." Olivia said off hand, looking at everyone they passed by. She had picked these clothes because they looked okay and were functional, but the other people wore either really colourful clothing or boring suits. Muggles dress weird.

"I'd give you a tour, but we really shouldn't be in public right now," Sirius tried to joke before sounding how grim he sounded.

"As soon as this mess is over with, you have to give Harry and I a tour of all these muggle places you've been to," She kept wanting to stare at everything, not paying attention to Sirius's sheepish smile.

"I can't say I've been very many places, Liv, you've just left the place I've been for years." He said, trying to let her down gently. Once she frowned, though, he scrambled to find something else to say, "But, hey, we can all three explore these places. Maybe take some of your friends along who know more about muggle places."

Olivia was back to smiling, though she was questioning if she was usually this moody or just super tired, "Hermione is muggle-born, she can show us around. Man I haven't seen her forever," The bushy-haired girl she remembered seemed long ago, and she didn't even get to go to any classes to see Hermione "in action" as Harry put it.

"Then we'll invite her along, then. Now come on, I see my street up ahead," Sirius grabbed her hand and they dove through the crowds of people at the busy crosswalks. Then they crossed on to a road called Grimmauld Place, which Olivia thought was an odd name.

"Is this the street you live on?" She asked, looking down the row at the identical housings. It seemed a little bland, compared to the other buildings.

"Yup. Magical number twelve." They rushed down the street, looking at the numbers tacked on to the front. Finally they reached a dusty number 12, which Olivia had to focus really hard to see even after Sirius had told her, and Sirius bolted to the familiar door.

"Welcome to the home I never thought I'd want to come back to," Sirius joked, holding the door open for his unrelated niece.

Olivia stepped into the place to find a large hall stretched out in front of her, gas-lit lighting cascading from the ceiling. Sure the odd curtains along the wall had gone to the moths, and the wallpapers had fallen victim to moisture and gravity, but Olivia still look at it as her first friendly house.

She had turned to see what exactly the object was in the corner- which turned out to be a troll's leg made to function as an umbrella stand- when she tripped over the hokey carpet and uneven floor, sending her sprawling to the floorboards.

"Shit," Sirius cursed quietly before the vitamins flew open, and the faded portrait of his mother started on her usual rant.

"And who's this little tramp, hmm? Mudblood, no doubt. No self-respecting witch would dress in such a whorish manner or leave her hair so unkempt! You should be ashamed," she started scolding, not wasting a moment to pounce on the young girlie her hall, "This is the house of all my fathers before me, and ancient and proud home, and you dare to impede on it with your ruffian ways?!"