Chapter 2- Movie Night

My body lingered by as my eyebrows crinkled in. My head titled in confusion as I looked upon Jay and Bly exchanging words. Bly slammed the locker door previously opened, but his voice kept low. After Jay stopped him from talking he waited before his expression softened, and he spoke again.

I waited for the scene to come to an end, and when they finished I waited for Jay to be turning halls before casually meeting up with him. "Hey," I said.

"Ah, just the girl I wanted to see," he said which had me wanting to back away.

"Why?" I dragged out the word.

"Well, you see, I have a plan," he said throwing his arms around my shoulders and bringing me in closer.

"What are you planning?" I asked.

He grinned at me, "Comedies, and maybe a few chick flicks, with popcorn, ooh lots of popcorn," he moaned licking his lips.

"Your obsession with popcorn is a problem," I laughed.

"No, it's perfectly healthy. Anyone who can't understand the yummy goodness of warm, crunchy, buttery, ooh extra buttery popcorn," his mind melted away in the thought of his favorite treat.

I shook my head as we went through the corridor and out to lunch. I went through the line and chose my meal. The line filled up quickly today making me wait as each student was cleared to go. As I reached the front another student asked for me to pass a milk, but had trouble remembering my name. To save him the trouble I turned away, and reached for a pint before handing it to him before moving forwarded.

"Addie," Mrs. Grace called me up, "did you bring in anything?" She asked with pleading eyes.

I glanced down, "No, ma'am," I said, "I will Monday, I promise," I proclaimed.

"I've given you a week already. You know I'm not even suppose to do that," she said.

"I'm getting paid tonight, and I'll pay it back plus put in more," I told her.

She gave me a stern look, "I'm sorry, Addie, I can't. Maybe you should think about applying for free lunch," she said then called the next name. I set my tray aside and continued to the table with my head down.

As I sat Jay asked me where my food was and I told him, "I haven't paid what I owed yet."

"Addie let us pay and you won't have to worry about it. You know I don't mind helping," Ty said, but I refused.

"No, I want to handle it without any help," I told him.

"Alex got paid yesterday, why didn't you ask for money?" He said.

I did not answer for a moment before quietly saying, "He doesn't know I didn't apply for free lunch," I admitted.

"What? How could you lead him to believe that?" He scolded me.

"He didn't follow up, and I pay with my money," I said. "The bill was a little higher last week and I wasn't able to cover both so I chose the more important one," I informed him.

"Addie," I heard my name and the whole table faced Mrs. Grace as she came up to us with a plate of food. "You are in luck," she smiled and I squinted my eyes, "someone paid for your lunch so here you are, enjoy," she said setting the tray down.

"Wait, who?" I hollered after her.

She smiled back at me, "Anonymous," she said with a shrug, and went back to cleaning the line for the next lunch.

I turned back to my table then looked down at the plate in front of me. "That was weird," Jay said.

I glanced to him and nodded slightly. Too busy in my thoughts I faintly heard Payton ask what was up as her and Nate came up to the table.