Chapter 16- Dear Queen Adelaide

I sat there and rubbed at my eyes after straining them for hours looking over all the loads of information I had piled up about each pack. It was a disaster. After a week of struggling between school, work, and my responsibilities as queen I have came to three conclusions. One, my world is a mess. Two, I will not be able to keep up with my job for long, or at least anytime soon. The last was that the packs, unless connected with a rare treaty, were disconnected from one another. There was no unity between our kind.

"I don't what to come in and change people's ways, but there has to be a change," I blew out with a worried looked to Bly. He had no expression on his face, but agreed there needed something to be done.

A knock on the door brought our ears up. The opening door revealed Bly's beta, Thomas. "Sir, ma'am," he bowed his head, "the pack was wondering what would happen to the pack with you being the queen and you being the future king."

Bly and I shared a look before we turned to him—It never occurred to us the thought of leaving the pack with new leaders.

"We will gather the pack together and let them know what is in store," I told him. He nodded his head and I nodded my dismissal to him.

Once the door was shut Bly turned to me, "I wasn't planning on leaving my pack behind."

"No," I turned to face him, "the thought never occurred to me. You were born the alpha of the Nature pack. The pack belongs to you by birth. I have no doubt the goddess intended the pack to stay yours even through the announcement of King and Queen. So unless a day comes where you feel it is best to give the title over, you are the alpha of the nature pack." I declared.

"When do you want to gather the pack?" He asked.

"We need to sort some stuff out first." I let him know, "Tomorrow afternoon sounds good to me, how about you?"

"That'll do," he responded.

I sat and looked over the mess. "I need a map," I declared.

~~~~~

"Thank you so much," I showed my gratitude to Skylar who brought me a huge map of the world. I handed it to Bly and asked for him to lay it over the wall. I then pinned the corners so it laid flat and open for our eyes to see.

"I want to lay the districts," I spoke my intentions. By color, we began to trace the outline of each territory. Coloring and labeling each zone by name. Each district reached far out and was ruled by one pack. We decided to divide America into five sections. Each section has a pack appointed to tend and track over all the packs within the territory. The smallest being territory 5, ruled by the Wayder pack of lakeside and holds 283 people within its lines. The largest being territory 4, ruled by the Byers up in the highlands and holding 674 in their clan.

I flipped through the papers and notes Bly and I made from the information gathered from each pack. As I matched the information together I labeled the name of each appointed pack, the alphas' names, how many states the territory covers, the population of our kind within the territory, and the state of which the appointed alphas resides in all within the lines of each territory.

Picking up the stack beside it, I scanned through the packs around the world.

"How should we handle other countries?" I wondered out loud.

"How about a representative?" Bly suggested. "Like we did for the territories here, We can appoint one lead pack in each continent that we would talk directly to and then they can choose however they think would be best to tend and gather to and from the various packs in their continent," he explained.