Chapter 11- Meeting Parents

Our bill was paid and Bly drug me out the restaurant we sat in for hours. He released my hand as he pulled the passenger door to his truck open allowing me access. I climbed in and set myself down before pulling the seatbelt across me as he jumped in the drivers seat.

With the start of the engine he drove the opposite way of my house and carried on out of the inner part of town to where the trees stood side by side with fields spreading between them.

It was a twenty minute ride from the last building in town before we turned into a driveway leading to a large house. The walls stretching up the sky with the trees. The paneling was clean and the area was nicely kept, grass cut, plants healthy, bushes trimmed. It was a perfect picture.

Bly parked the truck slanted off the gravel driveway and turned it off before we opened the doors. I, taking a deep breath before doing so.

Bly waited for me until I was by his side before continuing the journey up to his front door. As we walked side by side the urge to touch him was strong and my fingers lightly tickled his hand before folding with his fingers. I looked down at our hand before glancing up to see Bly looking down to me. He smiled before leaning a kiss on my temple.

His free hand turned the knob to his house making the door open for us to go in. He lightly guided me in first before he walked in and shut the door. We stood in a hallway before he took lead and lead me to the living room. On the way here he told me his parents' name and a little about them.

Through the archway was a homely atmosphere with his dad sitting on the couch.

"Hey dad," Bly earned his attention.

"Oh, don't do that. Lemme see her," his dad gesture his hands waving me out from hiding half my body from sight.

I slid out with a small smile and as I did he returned it. "My, you got a beauty," his dad announced. "Olivia! They're here!" He dad called out tossing his head to the side.

"Oh, oh, are they! You better not be joking with me this time," a feminine voice screamed from another room. My smile grew as his dad laughed.

"I may have messed with her about y'all being here earlier," his dad claimed.

"May have? You had me all nervous, I was not prepared for this, I had to get decent for the first time meeting out son's mate," she stressed as she walked in the room. After averting her glare off her husband she set eyes on me and they sparkled.

"Mom, dad, this is Adalaide Wayder," Bly introduced me.

"Please, call me Addie," I said stepping forward to shake his father's hand before reaching for his mother's.

"And call us Olivia and Michael," his mother said as she held onto my hand. I kindly smiled at her.

"Let's sit down," Mr. Nature said gesturing to the empty seats.

"Yes, please sit. I'll be in the kitchen for just a moment, but I'll join soon," she instructed before turning back to the exit the room.

Bly lead me to the love seat and sat down before pulling me close to him. I crossed my left leg over, my body leaning into his ever so slightly as his left arm stretched across my lap. I felt shy with it there, but soon got over the fact as the conversation started up.

I looked to Bly's father as him and his son exchanged words and then saw his attention shift to me with a stiff of the air.

"So how old are you Addie?" He asked.