Chapter 32- Our Kind Will Rise

A fierce rage rode through my body heating it to a sweat in this October weather. The stains lined across the bodies of these imbeciles burned into my memory as the point in which an innocent became a young warrior. A surge of preservation made itself known within me. My wolf fierce on the demands to protect the packmates and young.

All eyes were glued to the torn bodies when the silence floating through the air broke by a screech in the sky. A vulture circling, looking for its prey. The stench already leaking into the air.

"We should let the vultures feast on them," Ty spat his disgust. Anger boiled from his own encounterment with the hunters.

"They wouldn't consume everything," I mumbled knowing each would hear me. After no response I said, with eyes on the shredded meat of their bodies and the limbs torn from chest, "Burn them."

My body turned to leave the grounds as bile arose from my stomach. The scene finally getting to me as I hunched over with sickness. Thin fingers raked my hair back as Allianna cooed with pursed lips.

I stared at the wall within the pack house as Allianna and Skylar sat by my sides. We waited for our men to return from the perturbing task. Allianna's soft voice flowed through the room breaking my attention to the activity Skylar participated in.

"How far along are you now?"

As she continued to rub her growing belly, almost in a trance, she responded, "Six months."

A smile broke on my face watching her drum her fingers in a certain spot in a pattern of three-two-three before a smile formed over her features. "Feel this, guys." She reached for both our hands before placing them side by side on her stomach. Her little one kicked her from inside. All our faces glowed with love for the little future alpha. "Ty and I have found that if we repeat that rhythm, typically two or three times, then he will start kicking at us."

A small laugh escaped me. "Have you felt kicks, yet?" Skylar asked me.

I looked to the gleaming eyes of my friends and nodded. "For the first time the other day. Bly was there so it made it all the more special that he felt it, too."

"Awe," Allianna cooed with sweetness.

"What about you? Any plans on joining us anytime soon?" I giggled.

Her eyes widen but the answer came from someone with a much deeper voice. "That's for you to find out." Alex spoke as all three men entered the room. A wave of unsettlement washed over me as I knew the deed was done. Guilt flushed me, but I could not tell if it were for the action I ordered or the lack of participation in conducting the mission.

After talks with Bly, we decided I should observe the training I, one day, will be partaking in, and eventually, our little one will be brought up doing. I stood a short distance from the trainees acting hand to hand combact. Tyson's strength above his opponent was evident, but the other trainee's speed was throwing Tyson's footing off. I watched his balance fall as he came crashing at my feet.

"I'm so sorry, Alpha Queen. I didn't mean to touch you," His words were rushed in a single breath or two.

With a raised eyebrow, I gently settled my small hand on his shoulder, "I'm not untouchable, Tyson. You've healed well, I see."

His smile was small as if he was hiding his pride. "Yes, your majesty. Doc said I was a fast one."

"Well, maybe at healing," I nodded my head behind him to where his partner stood, "Your opponent is causing you to loose balance. You need to work on your footing and your speed. The muscles you're gaining won't do any good if you aren't agile in all other aspects."