Chapter 7- Answers

Vote

Comment

Feedback

Thank you!

Chapter 7- Answers

His large hand occupied my heated forehead and automatically said, "You feel warm."

"I feel sick," I blew out air in a conjured cough.

"All right, I will call in and excuse your absence from school," he said as he starting out my room, "I'll be home by 4:30," he told me as he shut my door and left. The sound of the door rung through my ears and I could not shake the noise for a moment.

When the noise finally left my ears I stood from my bed and looked to my blow dryer, smiling at the heat it caused against my forehead. I replaced my sleeping clothes into a casual outfit before going downstairs and grabbing a glass of water to cure my dehydration.

The liquid soothed the thirst from my throat as it rinse over the dryness. I carried myself upstairs to resume getting ready. Once finished I retrieved my laptop, placing it within its carrier, before leaving my home.

The air was warming at the changing season as the months went by. I walked quietly with the computer bag's strap hanging from my shoulder. The walk was longer than usual, my patience waring at the same moment my anxiousness and curiosity grew.

When the doors of the library were finally in arms reach, I opened the right side door and entered in the building. The cool air condition feeling blessed on my heated skin.

Instead of the young girl, my age, standing behind the counter the older woman, wife of the owner, sat there with a magazine in hand steady flipping through the pages. The building was spared except for a few college students that were busy with school work and was putting use the library that was shared with the community college.

Instead of staying near the café I went straight to the back and up the stairs. When I was younger and was first introduced to books, my mom would chat with the owner while I ran around picking and reading each colorful children's book I could find. As I became older the man saw my love for reading was not just an urge of my young mind to learn and would fade, but was an actual love that would never go away.

He introduced me to the upstairs room with warning. I remember his words.

"When you start questioning things and it seems as if you have no one to ask or don't know how to ask, your answers will be located here."

He told me this after the death of my parents. After the funeral I ran from once the dropping of their caskets was completed. I ran to somewhere safe. Somewhere I knew nothing would change. I ran to the books I had grew up on and loved.

I stepped off the last step and came to an abrupt stop before a dark door. I reached for the door knob and found it locked. Shaking the handle with more enthusiasm I tried forcing it to open but It did not budge.

Thinking while at my dead end, I felt around for a key. Looked behind me, under the small table, between the decorations that stood on it. Did not succeed. I then lifted myself onto my toes and felt without sight above the doorway. Dust fell from my hand disrupting the peace, but my fingers felt over a cool piece of metal that I pulled down to reveal it as a key. I had to jam it in the slot but eventually the key fit normally and allowed me to unlock the door. The hinges squeal from not being touched in years as I revealed the room hidden in plain sight.