Chapter 3- Not a Party Girl

Alongside us was a crop field as we journeyed down the long dirt path to the house hidden behind the trees. Our moods were different as we arrived in the yard. His was plastered on his face with a smile as he jumped out the driver's side door, while mine was glancing around and taking a deep breath as I slowly cracked open my door before grudgingly crawling out.  

The door slam shut by the movement of my hand and I hurried to Jay's side. He pulled my body in close as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and gave me a warming smile before tugging me in to the house.

It was not as crowded or noisy as I expected which allowed me to relax my shoulders a tad. As soon as they fell, the breath of a drinker brushed by my nose as he greeted Jay.

"Hey, where's Drew at?" Jay said.

"Last I saw he was talking to Kade and Matthew by the cooler," the guy responded before walking away to someone calling out his name.

Jay tugged my arm, "Now we just have to find the drinks," he said as we weaved through people.

The room was bursting with music and I saw the crowd rubbing against each other as private conversations were whispered. The music danced at my ears and vibrated my body sending a signal to gently sway to the beat. We found our way and landed ourselves in the dining room where a mini bar was set up on the long table with a keg on the ground in the corner.

My eyes glanced over the guy doing a handstand on it, chugging the substance before going over to Drew and his two friends. We walked up to them. It took a second before our presence was acknowledged when Drew pulled me in by hanging his arm around my shoulders and saying, "Howdy," to me and Jay.

"Hey," I sent him a soft smile as Jay started talking away.

Drew shook me, "Loosen up," he encouraged.

Jay caught it and commented, "I had to all, but put the clothes on her and even seeing how small the party is she still is standing awkwardly."

"I'm not a party girl," I stated something they all knew.

"No kidding; I remember when you let us hold a party at your place and gave us till midnight. Two minutes after twelve you pulled the plug and sent everybody home," he laughed as we all remembered that night.

I smiled with a shrug of my shoulders as I made Drew's arm fall.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't little Addie, with the football jocks. I didn't know you hung with this crowd," Bly said getting each of our attentions.

"Like hell you didn't," Kade blurted getting Bly to snap a scowl in his direction.

Ignoring the obvious tension I said, "Uh, yeah. Why?"

"Never would have picture you to hang out with the football team. I know your brother was on the team before he graduated, but now that he is gone, what reason would you have to hang out with them?" He asked ignoring the scold from my friends.

"They're my friends, and my cousin is on the team," I stated.

"Oh right, I forget Ty is your cousin," he looked lost in thought for a second as the song changed.

He stared down at me, "You want to dance?" He nodded at me.

"No," Jay barked out and both Bly and I snapped our eyes to him.