Chapter 35- Midnight Light

This is a double upload. Make sure you read chapter 34.

Chapter 35- Midnight Light

Homed to the center of the dusty blue dresser, displayed the leather-coated gift. The final piece to finalize the nursery. Coated in blue and pink, this room awaits her arrival. I smiled at the hard work Bly and I have afforded to create this small sanctuary. Heavy footsteps approached through the hallway as I continued to take in the atmosphere.

I turned my head over my shoulder to see the smile, which awaited me. "Looks ready," he said, leaning against the doorframe with crossed arms.

"It is," I confirmed.

"Maybe we should start thinking of names," Bly suggested as he approached to wrap his arms around me.

"What makes you think I haven't already?" My eyes narrowed playfully.

"I should never assume when it comes to you," he smiled. "What have you been thinking?"

"Well, I keep thinking of my mother, but I also know she will have a piece of the Goddess in her," I rambled.

"Just like you do and Skylar and Allinna," he added.

"Yeah...Didn't really ever think of that," the thoughts rolled in my head.

"Her destiny has also been weighing heavy in my mind," I shared.

He just listened. "She's needs something strong but gentle. Clear," I determined. "I just don't know a name to fit all of that."

"We still have three months to figure it out," He encouraged. "We should be going. They're already waiting for us."

I swayed on my feet with each step I took. With assistance, I sat in the vehicle for us to make our drive to the Wayder residence. We have finally officiated all plans across the globe, and tonight is the gathering to announce to the local packs.

At our arrival, we were welcomed into the packhouse by Pamela, who led us to the dining area. Everyone sat, waiting for us with a feast before them. Bly welcomed me to the seat right of the head chair then took the head of the table.

"Tonight is the night. A year's work will now start a new beginning," Bly opened the meeting.

Smiles were shared around the table. "Let's eat as we talk. Baby is hungry," I suggested.

Our voices combined as our plates were decorated with foods. Each person discussing the details of the night to establish a schedule.

"We will host a celebration on our land to welcome both packs and so not to show favor to either land. Pamela already has a group of volunteers to help decorate and provide the food. I hope to have a breezy night with no implications," I said.

"Will we be announcing the positions at the start or end?" Allinna asked.

"No one would know what they're celebrating if we waited, would they?" There was a laugh amongst the table.

"The announcement will be conducted at 6 o'clock, right as the sun sets. It will be held in the grand room, so the children aren't cold," Bly instructed.

Decisions were made as I watched Skylar rock in her chair. "You're due any day now, right?"

She nodded my way, but her eyes never left her stomach. "Dr. Daniels predicted the due date was three days ago. He just won't come out, and I'm getting sick of him being in here. I'm ready to shift again. My wolf is getting antsy now that we're past the due date. Though here, motherly instincts are more apparent than I feel mine are."