Chapter 29- The Mark

Eyes fell on Bly's curvature as my mark displayed fresh in his skin. Questions roamed their faces as we huddled around the breakfast table. Bly, with a single hand, pulled my chair right against his before he slipped his fingers between my thighs that were pressed into each other. A tingling bloom between them at his touch.

Low chattering amongst us disappeared when our eyes interlocked. Silence filled the air and the outside world fell away as a sweetness filled my nostrils. I breathed in the sweetness and watched as Bly smiled with the corner of his mouth. He brought his lips to my neck as he placed a slow, soft touch in a single spot. The warmth of his lips brought a shuddering motion over me.

"You smell delightful, uh?" He spoke barely audible to my ear.

I hummed to his question. He knew I could sense the difference in my smell now. He pressed another kiss to my currently heated skin.

Words disrupted our intimate moment as Skylar asked, "Are we going to address the elephant in the room?" I almost choked on my own syliva at her brashness, almost forgetting her true nature.

"Skylar," Allianna's soft voice rose, "That's an inimate subject."

"I'm curious, I have never met a male who bares a mark," Skylar declared. "Have you?" Her voice raised looking around the table.

Allianna shook her head. Even the males responded to her question instinctively. They waited for either Bly or I to speak. Bly casted his gaze to me. We did not talk of the action and he is probably just as curious as them from the initiation.

I looked to the girls when I spoke, "Have you felt a strong urge, almost undeniable, to claim what is yours-- to claim your mate?"

They stared blankly. Allianna's eyes fell before she admitted, "Once..." All eyes were on her. Alex's eyes shock at the revelation. She starred at him as she spoke, "One day, I was watching you train and a female came up to you. You looked so comfortable with her, but you wouldn't give me the time of day then. I felt jealous and I felt a surge of need to claim you. To show every female you were someone's."

I watched as my brother pulled her face into him as he kissed her nose. Just as Bly did earlier to me, Alex spoke into her ear an inaudible sentence to the rest of us. We looked away from their moment.

"Have you?" My attention went to Ty's words as he looked to Skylar. She blushed at the intensity of her mate's stare.

"More than once," she said shyly.

My eyes widen and my lips curved into a smirk of a smile as I held in a laugh. Ty was taken back from her confession. "When?"

Skylar smiled out of embarassment and her eyes traveled away, but no where in perticular as she avoided the eyes of her mate. "Just here and there. You know, when jealousy spouted, when we had sex for the first time... it was the strongest when I first became pregnant," she admitted.

My chest vibrated with a silent laugh. Bly's fingers squeezed my thigh causing me to meet his gaze. An amused look gathered in his eyes as he smirked down to me.

"Did it change anything?" Alex asked.

I looked to him then the others as I noticed their ears wide for the answer. "It was orgasmic," Bly shared. My face fell mortified as I smacked my hand to his bicep in embarassment. My mouth fell with the sound of his name. He only laughed. More sincerely he continued, "When I felt her canines break my skin, I felt only her. It felt as if we were floating on our bond as it wrapped around us. Her skin pressed against mine felt blessed. Our connection definitely strengthened." His words made my heart swell as his eyes shined into me with love.