Chapter 20- Graduation Day

I took a breath as I stared at myself in the mirror. Today was the day. Today we were finally free from school. Graduation day. I thought to myself of the change that occurred in my life. The great difference that happened within just a short few months.

I shook my head of the thought as acceptance and gratefulness settled into me. Bly's scent hit my nose and I heard a gentle knock on the door before it opened slowly. I peered up through the mirror and saw his smile grow as his eyes landed on me. I copied the movement as my smile formed.

"You look beautiful, my queen," He whispered coming up behind me. He turned my title into an endearment.

"And you look handsome, my king," I twirled my body to wrap my arms around him whispering my endearment for him. His lips blessed mine with their touch and I sighed in content.

Our lives were so fast paced nowadays it was strange to believe we were only graduating today.

"You almost ready?" he asked pulling away.

I nodded at him as I left his arms to grab the heels off my dresser. Slipping a foot in one at a time, I adjusted the strap and then stood tall. Looking over my appearance one last time, I stared at my long blonde curls and my thick lashes masked with mascara. The gold powder made my eyes shine and the flecks of gold show. The maroon lace covered my arms half way down and the neck had a small dip. The dress hugged my breast and torso, but began to flow out smoothly before it came to a stop mid thigh.

Bly was dressed in a white button down tucked into khakis. I smiled at him.

"Hey," Alex's voice boomed in my doorway, "Here's that tie you asked for," he said holding out red material.

"Thanks," Bly said his appreciation as he took the tie within his hand. My brother walked away as Bly faced me once more, "Do you mind?" He held the tie to me. I smiled and took the silk in my hand before wrapping it around his neck. I focused on the pattern until I pulled it tight to create the full knot I watched my dad fail to do many times resulting in my mother's assistance.

"Thank you, sweetheart," he leaned down and pecked my lips. "It's 9:00," he said peering down at his watch, "Where's your cap and gown?"

I waved my finger to the closet and said they were in there. He walked in for a short moment before he came out with the hanger holding the two objects as I gathered my bag in my hand.

'Ready?' I heard Jay's voice come through my mind. It shocked me. He has been busy lately.

'Yeah,' I replied.

'Good. I'm down stairs,' he closed our link. I did not ponder on it as I started walking out the room with Bly behind me. Once we reached the bottom level we saw our friends huddled in the living room. I looked at the faces to catch sight of Allianna, but her presence was not here.

I went up to Skylar and pulled her in a hug. Pride filled me as I recalled every struggle she went through before meeting Ty. She made it and that gave me hope.

A knock on the door caught the attention of every one in the room. Bly, still near the entrance, reached out his hand to welcome the arriving guests. My smile grew large as a beautiful blonde with pale skin and sky blue eyes stood outside the doorway.

"Allianna," I greeted her, "I'm so happy you came." I wrapped her in a hug and dragged her inside. Turning around I wanted to see my brother's reaction to her presence. His eyes were glued to her face as they stood across the room from one another. I turned back to her with a knowing smile. She saw my look and showed a sad smile with a gentle nod telling me I was indeed correct.