Chapter 21- Our Day

Chapter 21- Our Day

"Again congratulations and good luck, Freya. If you need anything just let me or Samuel know," I hung up the line with the luna representative from the United Kingdom.

As I did, Bly walked into the room. "Hi!" I cheered out and came around the desk I considered my second home. He wrapped me in a hug as I crashed my body into his.

"So," I started off, "I just got off the phone with Freya and guess what," I said hopping on the desk.

"What?" He automatically said.

"That's no fun. You at least have to guess once," I encouraged.

"Ugh, fine. A rouge attack?" He spit out.

"No, it's something happy," I gave him a hint as I wrapped my hands around his neck entwining my fingers while pulling him to stand between my legs.

His hands sat gently on my hips as he thought of another guess. "She's pregnant?" He asked.

"Yes," I smiled at him.

His eyebrows creased. "What? Really?" He sounded surprised.

I nodded.

"Wow. They seem so young though," He commented.

"She's twenty. He's twenty-one, " I said, "So yeah," I concluded.

He nodded slowly before he stared at me almost absentminded.

"What is it, dear?" I asked trying to engage him.

He appeared soft as he spoke, "I was just thinking," He began. I patiently waited for him to continue, "what it would be like when you get pregnant one day."

My heart fluttered in my heart and I tried to hide the smile from appearing on my face. His thumbs found themselves under my shirt and started to rub circles in my skin. "You want a child?" I asked already feeling relieved.

"Of course I want a child," he said as soon as the question left my lips.

I leaned forward and placed a kiss on his shoulder before leaning my head back to see his face. His smile shined before he kissed me. I hummed with content. Questions roamed my mind.

"What would you want?" I asked. "Boy or girl?"

He gave me a funny look before he said, "Alphas only have sons." The disappointment was evident on my face then he explained why. "It's said they are typically only able to conceive one, but there are incidences where a luna will birth a second child due to unpredictable events at the time of the first child's birth."

I nodded my head slightly upset knowing I will possibly never have the little girl I always envisioned. "How so?"

"Well, like if something comes of the first born and the duty has to have another heir, unless a civil war is to start, or if a child's mate dies and the Goddess wants to give them a second as they are not grown yet. I heard of some cases like that."

Taking my mind off the topic, I switched my focus on the pack.

"So before I was on the phone with Freya, I was putting together the night of our announcement," I warned him.

I reached my hand back picking up a notebook bringing it between us. "It will be at your pack house," he nodded, "It's about time I moved there anyways I guess," I made a side comment, "Your father will be announcing it," I stated trying to get clarification. He nodded. "I want my brother to give me away," I said.

"Okay," He responded.

"Your pack and then my friends will attend so the banquet will be stacked with meats, vegetables, and desserts," I said. "The elders of both our packs have offered their helps, along with some housewives," I told him with a smile. His eyes did not notice mine trying to find his. They carried their selves down my body slowly, eyeing every inch of it he could see.