Chapter 34- Christmas

Arms blocked as fist swung. The juveniles grew more robust and developed their skills with time. Months of training enabled their abilities. Our numbers have risen with the addition of wolves to our ranks. Warriors groomed to meet the needs of the future I hold.

My hand rubbed the outstretched stomach I wobble around with me. The young wolves and their trainers breathed heavily in the cold temperatures as their breathes swirl in the air. A conclusion brings the trainees together as Bly re-groups the young to cater to the development each individual has displayed.

I wait for his words with a broad smile of my own as he struggled, with joy, to say, "Tyson, stand." The young boy's face dropped his excitement as he obeyed his king. "I am happy I get to stand here to acknowledge the strength and control you have developed since the first time we met. It is because of the continuous dedication and surprising ability you have mastered that I am honored to welcome you to the position of the Authoritarian of the Royal Pack."

Applaud breaks through the air as his mouth falls, and eyes stare directly at Bly without words. Bly's large hand takes the boy's shoulder and shakes his hand to bring him back to reality. I let a laugh out as I see the crowd congratulating Tyson before running back into the warmth of the house. Tyson and Bly are last as they enter through the back door chatting. Tyson's head bowed at me as I welcomed him with arms. "Congratulations, Tyson. I predict great things will come from you by our sides."

"Thank you, Alpha Queen," his smile remained wide.

"Now go eat with your peers," I sent him away, leaving Bly my only company.

"You still believe it was best to announce it now? He still has a lot to develop," Bly grabbed my hand, spreading the warmth.

"Yes. He will always have room to grow, but he has surpassed every one of his peers by lengths," I commented.

"It won't be long until he surpasses the others, but he's still young. I wouldn't want this new position to ruin him young," Bly brought me into his arms as we looked onto the adolescences enjoying their meal.

"He will be okay as long as he still gets his normal upbringing. He wanted this, remember?"

A heavy breath blew from his nostrils. "I suppose."

"Eat with me. We have presents to drop off for the holidays," I smiled at my mate, placing a kiss to his cheek.

"Yes, my queen," he laughed.

The chill in the air caused me to shiver. My wolf's warmth surrounding my mid-section. We entered my old workplace and were greeted with big friendly smiles. "Addie! Forever is too soon to describe how long it's been since we've seen you around these parts," Sam welcomed us.

"I know. Been a little busy," I joked, rubbing my stomach.

"I've heard! Congratulations on everything," he hugs me.

"We brought gifts for the holidays for you and your grandparents," I smiled to him before glancing at Bly, who presented the three items. "It is only small gratitude for everything I gained from this place."

"They are in the back arguing about the Christmas day drink recipe. I'll go get them," he said as he hollers to the back. The old joyous smiles enter the room with opening arms. Bly and I are engulfed in hugs as the kindness wraps around us. We settled into seats as we caught up with the couple.

Hours spent laughing and reminiscing on our past entanglement. Their advice about the long years spent together offered to us. We parted with hugs and continued to the next destination hours behind we originally anticipated.

The cold of day seeped into a colder night. Everyone piled around the tree with cheer as our first Christmas together with mates commenced, and we held a future to look forward to. An uncontrolled laugh belted from our wide mouths as we shared stories and jokes. I feared to shake my unborn pup with the movement my giggles brought.

"Okay, guys. Stop! I've already peed a little!" Skylar shouted.

"Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!" We laughed harder with tears in our eyes.

Jay and Karl celebrated with their pack, but it did not prevent us from including them through a video call. Jay's performance on Karl created a humorous show that inevitably would lead them to the bedroom with expectations tonight.

"Okay, you sexy perverts, its time for you to open your presents from us," Jay spoke through the phone. Each mated pair received a gift from the couple up north just as we all sent a gift to them.

It felt almost a contest as we all tore into the wrapping paper of our gifts. Excitement hurried our fingers until the presents could be seen. I looked to Bly at the reveal of our gift. Held in the wrapping appeared a petite leather book bound with a detail of lace on the spine. I listened to Jay talk of each present as he went couple to couple. My fingers inched the cover open where I read...

Blessed to the heir of the Alpha King Samuel Bly Nature and Alpha Queen Adelaide Ray Nature,

May you know the strength you forged from, the love you originate from, and the legends you were born from. Their story is told within the binds of this leather. Yours will begin with the light of the midnight moon as the Goddess welcomes a daughter.

How did he know?

Finally, I stared at the active image of my dear friend from childhood. Tears lined my eyes. At this moment, I wished we still held our link so I could thank him properly.

"Addie, Bly, your gift is actually for your pup. It is the story of the two of you. The trial and love. It took more than me for this gift to be made. Each of us here took part in forming this story. You two have something worth telling. A story worth your child knowing. I wanted history to be written and passed to the generations of greatness you two will have created."

My heart expanded to every person in the room. I sent my love through our connection as I sat rendered speechless. Bly held me close as he, too, felt touched by this special dedication.

This is a family bonded with time, trial, love, and loss. A family meant to last through the test of time. I held Allinna's hand she reached to mine. Her support and help through these past months gave me guidance and provided me growth. A kind gesture from one female alpha to another. She is the greatest blessing I could have asked for my brother. I smiled at Skylar, a fierce friend who has brought perspective to our group. Connected to the wild further than we know, she fought against instincts and heritage to be here by the mate the Goddess gave her. I looked at Ty as my teammate. The family who strengthened me with space to grow. A trusted friend to provide wisdom from the experienced growth into his position. My eyes fell on my brother, the most significant family member in my life. The person who pushed me and sheltered me. The one who has set many parts of his life aside so I could rise to be what I was meant to be. I looked at Jay, my longest-standing friend. My comedian with a temper and extravagant boast of pride, yet still felt the most pride because of those he loves. He held the most loyalty, and I always knew, despite the distance, would.

When I saw Karl, I saw a protector. I held high respect for the disciplined wolf as I knew his care for Allinna, as he would always see her as his alpha, and toward Jay, as he is the only one I have seen to make Karl's face change from a scowl, would never falter. He is a wolf worthy of our protection as he protects our own. Finally, my blue eyes meet his. Bly. A guardian to protect, a mate to love, a soul to connect, a body to mold to, a blessing in disguise, a gift from the Goddess. A neverending love to stand by my side for the best and worst of times.

I could never express my gratitude for the greatness which filled the room.

~~~

Soooo, I apologize for being MIA. This chapter was suppose to go up months ago. I will be publishing the last chapter tonight.