Chapter 4- Safe Haven

I glanced down to the small clock at the bottom right corner of the screen and shook my head. My lips came together, but the smile on my face was stuck.

My fingers clicked away on the keyboard to type out, "It's 4:30 in the morning," I said rounding up by four minutes.

"No, it's 4:26," he commented.

I rolled my eyes, "My point being, we've been talking for over five hours," I sent to him.

I licked my bottom lip before pulling it in by my teeth. "It's Saturday. No school," he responded.

"But sleep is kind," I told him.

A second later his reply came through with a ding, "You can fall asleep if you want."

I softly smiled. Half of me wanted to rest my body, but the other half was enjoying the conversation with Bly. Going with the part that closed myself away I typed out, "My eyes are going to shut down soon anyway if I don't give in, so hope you have a nice day. Goodbye." I pressed the enter key to send the message.

"Goodbye, hope you have a good sleep." His response ended the conversation and I shut the screen pushing it off to the nightstand before curling in my blanket to welcome sleep.

~~~~

After hours, the light broke through the slit between my lids and awoke me. I glanced out through the peak of my curtain to see the branches of the tree against the white sky. My head fell on its side to read the clock, 11:42.

I pulled on my hair and got from my bed. Pressing my bare feet to the cool floor shot an ounce of energy through me and I bounced to my dresser finding clothes. A dark blue shirt with white writing was placed over a tank top and the pajamas were traded in for a pair of dark jeans. The thick brown belt added nicely to the outfit and brown boots went on my feet.

My fingers brushed through my curls as I undid the braid my hair was tied in. I looked in the mirror and wiped at the lightly smudged makeup under my eyes before turning away and grabbing my bag.

The weather was warmer today as I left the house and started walking. The fifteen minute drive turned into an hour walk to town as I found my destination to the local bookstore. The door open with a tug and I entered into the large area filled with books. The smell of coffee from the coffee shop co-siding in the building filled my nose as I entered through the second door. I went looking around after smiling at the librarian who welcomed me.

I weaved through the bookshelves in search of something to read when I came across a question. The title caught my interest and I reached up for it. I flipped the book in my hands to read the back and settled on my decision. I held onto the book tightly and walked into the cafe.

"What can I get for you?" The barista asked.

"A vanilla bean crème frappuccino," I replied looking at the menu hung on the back wall.

She rung it up and recited the price as I reached for cash. As I handed her the exact change I received a receipt and stepped over to the small setting to await my drink. Minutes passed and she placed it down with a straw. A "Thank you," was given before I went to a quiet chair to read as I sipped my drink.

The next four hours went by with emotions arising and thoughts coming up. The book filled my mind and I finished it at 4:02.

My phone had not made a sound the whole time so I assumed my brother was off with the guys since they normally had a guy day.