Chapter 30- Interviews

"Goodbye, Addie," He finally said after saying it to everyone else.

I shook my head. A bittersweet moment with a lifelong friend. His departure meant I was losing my protector, my friend, a member of my family. He wrapped his arms around my neck and brought my body to his. "This goodbye is not forever. We will see eachother again." he whispered.

I nodded my head. My tearline watery, I know. You have no choice, but to come back for the birth of my child. I spoke through our link.

He pushed me back in disbelief and I nodded, but cooed a hushing sound so he knew not to speak a word of this to anyone.

Congratulations. I better get plently of picture of your pregnant belly. He insisted.

Our departure came with a promise as I waved him a fairwell and safe trip. He was so excited to begin a new life with his mate. My happiness overruled my saddness of losing a friend to distance.

"Let us eat," Ty said to hoard us all inside the pack house.

The meal was gracious, but the two empty seats seemed abnormal. The couple insisted they had to leave before breakfast in order to keep time back to the Artic Wolves pack. Bly and I could not keep from stealing glances at Sky's growing stomach. She would pat it and smooth her shirt out over the round surface often. Never forgetting the blessing growing inside. A few times Bly's thoughts leaked through our connection. Images of my stomach, with my hands, rubbing up and down the bare covering as my belly button peaked. My heart warmed and I could only imagine how similar Ty and Skylar must be feeling. Her small bump keeps hidden. As private as ever, until she's around just the girls.

Her hands pressed against her back as she poked her stomach out to make it appear larger. Allianna and I laughed. The men were drinking outside by a fire. We were piling snacks onto a couple trays, one solely for Skylar as she claims she could eat a horse.

"I feel like I shouldn't be having so much cravings this early on, but I am. I feel, for the first time in my life, like I am going to become a balloon," we laugh at her comments about herself.

"Any ideas for your son, yet?" Allianna asked.

Her smile grew before she spoke, "Not yet. We've been going through the alphabet and kinda dabbling with names," she said.

"Well, I'm sure the name will come at just the right moment," I encourged.

We left the kitchen with our hands full to join our mates in the back.

My hands shook as I tried opening a bottle of water. My emotions controlling every part of my being. A fierce female facing the start of war. The wolves within breaking out as weapons against flat metal and bullets. I struggled with the task until my frustration led to that bottle being thrown to the floor. The plastic breaking allowing the contents to flood to the grout between the tiles. I sunk to the ground with tears in my eyes. My face red from stress, my stomach spazzing from the uneven breaths I tried to breathe, and my sobs echoing up to a mate that came rushing through the kitchen door.

"Addie," He screamed with his entrance. "What happened?" He asked as I felt his arms wrap around my body.

My sobs stopped my voice from a clear discussion. "Ou-our...s-she won't even...she doesn't... why will it be on her? Why our child? Why does this have to be so destructive?" My worries poured.

I felt his chest deflate with his heart. It ached along with mine. His mind asked these same questions. He was stronger. He held himself together. I held it for too long. I beated my palms against the hard floor. My child deserved a life of happiness, freedom, and choice. She did not deserve destruction, control, or constant training just to ensure herself ready to overcome a war destined to be led by her. Nearly two weeks came. Any day now and the werewolves will sense my pregnancy. I dreaded the day. For that day will be the day I begin to hear all the wonderful hopes and prayers for my baby girl that I know will not be true.