Notebook

Newt's POV

Day 21:

The box sent up a notebook and pencil three weeks ago along with the new greenie, Thomas. Since nobody else had any desire for the black notebook, I decided to keep the thing for myself. Over the course of only three weeks, I became emotionally attatched to the paper where I could express myself in any way I wanted. Now, I write my feelings in that journal. How I feel about the bloody maze, the food, the work, the boys...

I was gay. Everybody in the Glade knew that and they were perfectly fine with it. We even had a few couples already. I've dated some guys here, but I never wanted to go past the first stage of relationships, then after a while, my partner would get bored and dump me for some guy who actually wants to have sex. It's not that I'm not ready, I just want to find the perfect guy. One that'll protect me, love me, and never leave me. I think I found that guy. Thomas, the new greenie, was now the target of my love. We where now at the best friend stage, doing everything together and me waiting near the enterance to the maze for him when he was done running. Anyway, I have caught him staring at me a few times but I still don't know if those are looks of lust or just staring off into space and I happen to be in the way. From the moment I first jumped down into that box and saw his innocent and confused face, I knew he was the one for me. I knew I had finally found the one I had been looking for. I am in love with Thomas.

***

I stuffed the small notebook into my pocket and climbed down the tree back to the Glade.

"Hey Newt! Where where you?" Said a deep voice.

I turned around to see Thomas jogging towards me, smiling a heart melting smile.

"Oh, I was just.. walking around. C'mon, shank. Let's go get some food before Frypan gets mad at us for being late."

"Good idea. Wouldn't want the food maker to be pissed off at us." He laughed, slinging his arm around shoulder.

My face started heating up so I looked at the ground, feeling his hand trail down my from my shoulders until he reached the small of my back. This did not help with my blushing problem, and I expected him to move his hand away after a bit, but no, he kept his hand around my waist the whole time we were treading towards the building.

"So I said to Minho, 'I already have my eyes on someone here.' Then he said-"

"Wait, what?" I was snapped out of my thoughts.

"What?" He asked.

"You're gay?"

"Is that a problem?" He removed his hand from my waist in a hurry.

"N-no! Of course not, I'm gay too." I smiled weakly.

"You are, huh?" He grinned, a new excitment in his beautiful eyes, "Hey, why is your face all red?"

"What? I don't- oof!"

I got a face full of dirt. I tripped over my own two feet. Real smooth.

"Hey, are you okay?" Thomas said worridly, helping me up.

"Yeah, just being clumsy, as usual. Thanks Tommy." I laughed while dusting myself off.

"Anytime. Now, let's get some food. I'm starved." He said, running to the door.

I caught up and he held the door open for me.

"Such a gentleman, Tommy." I laughed.

"Anything for the handsome man." He responded with a smirk.

I heated up again. Damn all this awkward flirting that I was no good at.

"So, Newt, how long have you known you where gay?" Thomas asked in a seemingly innocent manner.

"About two years ago. A new greenie came up and after a while of getting to know each other, he asked me out, and I said yes."

"So, you have a boyfriend?" His cheerful disposition dropped.

"No, unfortunately he died by a griever. However, it turned out he was cheating on me, so it lessened the pain a bit."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I've gotten over his death anyways. I just have slight trust issues now." I sighed.

"Hey," Thomas placed his hand on top of mine, "I'm sure you'll find the guy you're looking for really soon."

"What makes you say that?" I smiled.

"A notebook told me."

Hey guys! (Sorry not sorry for a dull first chapter XD) This is my new Newtmas one-shot book! If you have any ideas for me to write, please PM me! Thanks for reading!

~October