Jealous Much?

Sooo sorry I haven't updated in a while!

Dedicated to SleeplessAurora for getting me back on track!

***

Thomas's POV

I was heading to the café where my friends and I were all meeting up. Our group consisted of me, Newt, Minho, Brenda, and Teresa. Our favorite place to hang out was at Gladers Café downtown. The shop owner, Gally, always welcomed us there. Plus, since Brenda worked there, we got discounts.

I walked in through the dark brown wooden door, a bell ringing as it swung open. I looked around the café, searching for the familiar faces.

"Tom! Over here!"

I turned around and saw Teresa saving at me while the rest of the group was chatting. I quickly ordered some coffee and made my way to the table and sat down next to Newt, which was he only open chair. Not that I mind that is. Newt and I seem to have a really special relationship. We understand each other when no one else does and we know exactly what the other needs when feeling depressed. Newt especially, because he actually entrusted me with his biggest secret. His severe depression was like a dark cloud constantly hovering over his head, ready to thunder and lightning at any given moment. When he told me about his past, we became even closer. Minho says we would make a cute couple. Even though we're both gay, we just see each other as friends. Maybe even a bit more.

"Shuck, this coffee is hot." Minho mumbled.

"Well, you should've let it cooled down rather than chug it two seconds after it was given to you." Brenda said, rolling her eyes.

"Hey, I can't help it if I'm an impatient person."

"Then you should maybe learn to be more like Newt. He's patient and polite. Unlike some sassy people I know."

"Yeah Minho, try to be more like me." Newt smirked, his accent adding to sarcasm in the comment.

"Shut up..." Minho said in defeat. He knew better than to mess with Newt.

I sipped from my coffee and looked at Newt, smiling and laughing. The way his eyes crinkled up at the sides whenever he truly smiled made my heart flutter for some unknown reason. I felt happy around Newt, and I knew he felt happy around me.

"Thomas, you in on it?" Newt asked.

"What? Sorry, I wasn't listening." I said.

"You coming to the movies with us? We're going to see Star Wars."

"To see Star Wars? Hell yeah, let's go."

Newt laughed and stood up while putting his jacket on. He walked in front of me and I felt my gaze falling lower than it should. I found myself staring at him a lot these days.

I followed him out the door and we all pooled into Minho's car. I sat in the middle of Teresa and Brenda while Newt sat shotgun. Not that I minded, I had a good view of his shiny blond hair. After dealing with Minho's terrible road rage, we finally made it to the movie theater. We went in and paid for our tickets.

"Tommy, want to share some popcorn with me? " Newt asked while pulling out his wallet. "I'll buy."

"Well, since you asked." I agreed and he bought a medium popcorn.

We entered the showing room and sat down near the front for a good view. I sat down next to Newt, and was about to steal some popcorn when I was him looking at something behind us.

"What're you looking at?" I whispered to him.

"See that guy back there?" He asked, pointing to a man about our age with brown hair and a toned body. He was wearing a brick red shirt that, to be honest, looked pretty good on him.

"What about him?"

"Don't you think he's hot?" He swooned.

I blinked and felt my face get slightly red.

"W-well, I guess so." That guy wasn't that good looking. He's not Newt's type. If anyone were to be his type, it would be me.

I huffed silently and faced forward. All during the movie, Newt kept sneaking glances back at the red shirt guy. I felt jealousy slowly mount up in my chest. What does this guy have, that I don't? After about two hours, the movie was over and everybody left the movie theater. Newt was ahead of me and he was walking backwards, he wasn't looking where he was going and he ran into someone.

The red shirt guy.

"Oh, s-sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." He said looking flusterd.

"No, it's fine." He said in a deep voice that made Newt physically melt.

I saw him look Newt up and down once before smirking a bit. I also saw him flex his muscles as if he was showing off.

My name's Drake, cutie. What's yours?" He asked, stepping a little bit to close to the Brit.

"N-Newt."

"You got a girlfriend? Or a boyfriend?" He tried to seem like that was an innocent question. He was obviously hinting something.

"N-"

"Babe! Who's your friend?" I yelled a little to loudly.

I wrapped my arm around his waist and gave a big white smile at this Drake guy.

"Tommy, what are you-" Newt started.

"My name's Thomas. Newt's boyfriend." I unwrapped my arm and stuck my hand out for Drake to shake.

He shook my hand slowly, as if uncertain if I really was his boyfriend. To seal the deal, I grabbed Newt and placed a soft kiss on his warm lips. Newt didn't even struggle, it was like he was in a trance.

"Well we better be going. See you later!" I said to Drake.

I put my hand in Newt's and we went out of the movie theater. It was only after we were outside that he came back to his senses.

"What the hell was that?" Newt yelled, yanking his hand out of mine.

"I'm not going to let you hook up with some random guy that you meet at the movies!"

"No, I ment the kiss." He said, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

"How else was I supposed to get the guy to back off?" I shrugged.

"S-so it didn't mean anything?" He said, stepping closer to me and not meeting my eyes.

"Do you think it did?"

"Maybe... I was thinking that maybe you were a little bit jealous that I was eyeing that guy."

"Me? Jealous?" I said in forced disbelief.

I saw Drake come out of the movie theater and look at us. I quickly grabbed Newt again and brought him close to me. His eyes met mine and I connected our lips once again, and we didn't break away until Drake was gone.

Newt raised an eyebrow as we broke apart.

"Jealous much?"

"Oh, shut up."

We kissed again and ignored Minho cheering us on.