Piano Man

^like my bad editing skills?XD

(Dylmas)

Thomas's POV

I closed my eyes as I set my fingers on the white and black keys. I pushed downward and the melodic sound resonated throughout the room. My hands flew over the keys, never making a mistake or a weak note. At the end of the song, I finally opened my eyes and gazed at the piano I loved. I've been playing piano for most of my life and never before had I played on a piano that sounded this beautiful. Now, as a high schooler, I didn't get much time to play as much as as I did or as much as I used to. Now my main focus in life was working and finding colleges.

My parents were always supportive of me and my piano playing, but they didn't want it to become my career choice. They wanted me to be something that makes a lot of money, whether I like it or not. However much being a doctor or a laywer sounded interesting, my heart was always in the music and in the piano.

Today was any regular day at school, I was sitting in my last class, history. Per usual, I wasn't really paying attention, just scribbling down some ideas for some music I was writing. When history class finally ended, I piled all my stuff up and shuffled out the door. Usually, everybody else in the school frantically pack their bags and run out the door, ready to be done with the day so they can go home and relax, but I stay afterwards. I slowly pack my backpack and head to my favorite room in the whole school; he music room.

I'm about to go into the music room when I hear someone playing the cello beautifully. I can hear their intonation on each note, like they're delecate flowers ready to bloom and show their glory. As the mystery cellist crescendos, my heart beats faster at the pure passion in the music. I listen to the song till the very end, I didn't dare go inside in fear that the music would stop. I slowly opened the door and peeked inside. There I saw a brown haired boy sitting with his back to me. I could see the scroll of his cello resting against his shoulder.

I decided to make myself known. I went inside and shut the door. When the boy heard the door close he jumped slightly in suprise and turned around. His face turned red and he gave me a small smile.

"I heard you playing. It was beautiful." I said.

"Oh, t-thanks. It's just something I've been working on." He replied.

"You compose your own music?"

"Yeah, I don't think it's very good though. I'm no Motzart." He chuckled.

"Well, I thought that it was amazing. I write some of my own music as well, but it's nothing like yours."

"What do you play?" He asked, setting his cello down and scribbling something down on his music sheet.

"Piano." I respond while taking off my bag and setting it near the piano bench.

I sit on the bench and take out the music I've been working on for a few months.

"I would love to hear it." The boy smiled.

"It's not exactly done yet. And I need to add in accidentalls and-"

The cellist cut me off by sitting next I me on the bench and looking at my music. I blushed as I felt our shoulders rub together. I looked at his hand and saw it tapping out the notes to my music.

"Play." He ordered softly.

I obeyed and placed my hands on the keys. I started playing, my eyes flickering over the notes. Brown eyes got up and went back to his cello. He started harmonizing with my music I could feel his eyes on me, watching my every move. At the end, he appluded, a smile growing on his face. I blushed and turned my head away from him. I heard the boy's chair scrape against the floor as he stood up and sat down next to me once again.

"You're a great pianist. I would love to play with you more often." He smiled.

I looked at him in suprise. "Really?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, if you want to."

"Of course I want to. I'm Thomas, by the way."

"Dylan. Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier. I guess I should know the name of the cutie I'm going to be making beautiful music with." He smirked, leaning closer to me.

My eyes widened at his words. I turned my head away and started tapping out a little tune. I heard him laugh softly as he went back to his cello.

"What do you want to play?" Dylan asked.

"Jingle Bells?" I asked.

He laughed. "It's the middle of summer, silly. Why play Christmas music?"

"Why not?" I retorted.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "Good point. Jingle Bells it is then."

I giggled and started playing. And it was true what Dylan said before.

We did make beautiful music.