Marriage

Thomas's POV

Newt and I have been together for about three years now and those have been the best years of my life. Finally think it's time to take it to the next level. I want him to spend the rest of his life with me. So, I went to a jewler and bought the perfect ring for him. It wasn't all flashy, but it was beautiful.

I planned on proposing to Newt at Glade Park, there's a serene lake and I put up some lights on the trees and around the border of the lake. Before that, I'm taking Newt to a romantic dinner at a very high end restaurant. I reserved a lone table out on the balcony, I knew how much Newt loved the view. I looked at the clock on my phone. It was 6:30, I was meeting Newt at the restaurant at seven. I looked in the mirror once more, straightening my tie and smoothing out my brown hair. I grabbed the ring box and my car keys before getting into my car and driving there. When I got there, I parked in the parking lot and saw my soon-to-be fiancé getting out of his car with a bright smile on his face. I got out of my car and walked up to the beautiful blonde, grabbing his hand.

"Hey, Newt." I said, kissing him hello.

"Hi. So, ready to eat?"

"You know it. Let's go."

We walked to the entrance and I held the door open for Newt. We talked to the waiter and he showed us to put seats and took our coats. I sat Newt down and he gasped at the view.

"Tommy, it's beautiful." He said in awe.

"Not as beautiful as you. Newt, you look amazing."

His suit outlined his perfect skinny body and his silky golden hair was shining in the light. His deep brown eyes seemed to brighten up the entire world.

"Oh, stop it. Now, what do you want to eat?" Newt asked, picking up the menu.

We gazed over the options before we picked a meal for the both of us. We called over the waitor and ordered. Now, waiting for our food, it was just Newt, me, and the view.

"What's with all the special treats today, Tommy?" Newt asked, placing his elbows on the table.

"I just wanted to show how much I love you, babe." I said, leaning across the table and kissing him softly.

I pulled away with a faint smile on my lips. Soon enough. The waitor came back with our food. We ate in laughter and, every once in a while, playful kicks under the table. After about half an hour, we both finished our food and started walking down to Glade Park hand in hand, still dressed in our suits. The park was thankfully empty, my heart was beating at an increasing rate. What if he said no? What if I make a complete fool of myself? I shake my head of the negative thoughts and turn my attention to my beautiful boyfriend.

"Tommy, what's that?"

I looked up ahead to see where Newt was pointing. I smiled once I saw he was looking at the small lights I put up.

"I don't know. Let's go see."

I started squeezing the ring box in my pocket. It was almost time. Newt let go of my hand and started to run up to the carefully placed lights.

"Come on, Tommy!" Newt yelled ahead of me.

I smiled and started chasing after him. He made it into the circle of lights and spun around slowly, a bright smile growing on his face. I slowed down to a walking pace before stopping about ten feet away from Newt.

He was absolutely stunning.

The cool wind was blowing through his hair and the pink tint on his face from the nippy air. He turned to face me, his white teeth shining and his eyes glowing with happiness. My already racing heart beating even faster as I carefully took out the ring box and held it behind my back. I went to him and stood at his side.

"It's so pretty. Who do you think out it here?" Newt asked.

"Maybe somebody desperately in love." I answered.

He turned to me, slight confusion on his face. I wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed him passionately.

We broke apart and I took both Newt's hands in mine.

"Newt, we've been together for three years now, and those years have been the best of my life. I've fallen madly in love with you and I want to keep you with me for the rest of my life. I want to go through all the hardships of life with you. When I firat saw you, you were... almost dead. Your depression had gotten the best of you. I helped you get through that, and you helped me find who I really am. So now, right here in Glade Park I ask you, Newton." I get down on one knee and open the ring box.

"Will you marry me?"

Newt gasped and covered his mouth with his hands, tears starting to flood down his face. Newt grabbed the ring box and set it on the ground. I froze in fear.

Did Newt just reject me?

I felt a body tackle me to the ground in a crushing hug. I felt warm tears splash on my face.

"Of course I bloody will. I love you so much." Newt cried.

I hugged him back before capturing his lips in a kiss once more. We laid on the ground kissing before I grabbed the box and placed the ring on his slender finger. He gazed at it in glee and pressed his lips to mine once again, throwing his arms around my shoulders.

"I love you so much." I smiled.

"I love you too, Tommy."

Aww, this was so fun to write. I ship them sO HARD.

Anyway, thank you guys for reading and voting! Next one-shot will be coming out soon! Reminder, if anybody has any ideas for a one-shot that they want me to write, please private message me! Thanks!

~October