Awake

Newt's POV

I felt an awful pain in my leg. I slowly opened my heavy eyelids and a bright light was whining as soon as I peeked open. I heard the soft beeping of a heart monitor. I could now see clearly, and I was in a hospital bed. I looked over the room, trying to ignore the horrible pounding in my head.

"Ah, I see you're awake, Newt. I'm Dr. Smith." I turned to see a man in a white coat with a clipboard in his hands.

"Where am I? What happened?" I asked.

"You're in the hospital, Newt. You were in a car crash. You're lucky you got out alive, but your leg won't entirely heal so you'll have a limp."

It all came back to me. I was going to the store to pick up some groceries to make a nice dinner for my boyfriend, Thomas, and I. I was only a few miles away from the shop when a truck rushed through an intersection and rammed my car in the side.

"I'm going to let you get some rest. I think that your boyfriend will be coming to visit soon. He always comes about this time." Dr. Smith said before leaving the room.

As he left the room, I got really excited. I got the idea that I should play a prank on him. I'll pretend to be sleeping when he comes in, so I can hear what he says to me. Wow, I am a slight devil child. Suddenly I saw Thomas's silhouette in the door and I closed my eyes and went still. I heard the door open and his footsteps come to my right side. He grabbed my hand and sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"Hey, Newtie. I hope you wake up soon. I miss you so much and not to mention I hate seeing you in this state. Dr. Smith said that you would have a limp for the rest of your life. That's better than getting killed, though. Anyway, I miss having you by my side when I wake up, I miss your cooking, I miss your adorable accent, I miss your crying whenever an ASPCA commercial comes on." He paused and took in a shaky breath, "I love you, Newt. More than anything."

I felt a pair of warm lips press against my forehead, and my heart started racing. That also ment that the heartbeat monitor beeped faster.

"What? Newt?" Thomas asked, confusion lingering in his voice.

"Hey Tommy." I said, opening my eyes.

"Newt! You're awake!" He beamed.

Thomas quickly pulled my into a hug. He pulled away, and kissed me.

"Thank God, you're okay." He breathed, "I missed you so much."

"I know. You really miss my cooking though? I'm not that good." I laughed.

"You heard that?" He asked, blushing slightly.

"All of it."

"Jerk." He mumbled.

"Yeah, but I'm your jerk."

He kissed me again and smiled.

"You got that right."

I pulled him in for another kiss.

Sorry it's so short! But I hope you liked it! Thanks guys!

~October