Punch

Thomas's POV

I was never really a party guy, lots of drunk guys and girls trying to get all over you never really appealed to me. But when my best friend Minho told me that his friend Newt was going to be there, I couldn't resist but accept his invitation. Him being gay and single would make this interesting.

"Are you ready for the party Thomas?" Minho asked, I was tying the laces up on my shoes and stood up.

"Yup, let's go."

I drove Minho and I over to our friend Gally's house where the party was. There was music blasting from the house and people with cups in their hand dancing on the lawn like there was no tomorrow. Minho and I went in and I immediately started looking around for that familiar blonde cutie.

"Looking for Newt, huh lover boy?" Minho teased, giving me a wink.

"Duh, he's the only reason I came. If you find Newt, tell me."

"Yeah, sure. Want to go get us some drinks?"

"Fine, captain lazy."

I weaved through the mass of people dancing and making out to get to the drinks. I grabbed a beer for Minho and just a bottled water for me. I wasn't planning on having any drunken mistakes tonight. While trying to find Minho, a few chicks and guys came up to me, practically begging for me to take them, or to let them take me. I tried to ignore their hands all over my body and trudged through the crowd. I finally found Minho who was sitting on a beaten up couch talking to Gally.

"There you are, Thomas! What took you so long. I'm dying of thirst here." He grabbed the beer from my hands and chugged it down.

"Well I'm sorry for being extremely attractive. I kept being stopped by very thirsty people who wanted all of this." I said, motioning to my body.

"Who would want that?" Minho teased.

"I bet Newt would."

"Touche. And I forgot to tell you. Newt is here and looking for you." He took a sip from his almost empty beer can.

"What? Where'd he go?"

"I think he went to get a drink." Gally interjected.

"Thanks."

This time, instead of going through the sweaty and restless crowd, I tried to squeeze around and stay near the wall. Luckily enough, there were only people shoving their tongues down other's throats and not mine. I made may way around the crowd and got to the drink table, but I didn't see Newt there. I looked above the mass of people and a familiar head of golden-brown hair caught my eye. He was in the far corner of the room pinned to the wall by some guy. Rage filled me and I pushed through the crowd, accidentally knocking over some dunkards who easily lost their balance.

I got over to the other side and grabbed the guy's arm, shoving him away from Newt. I looked at Newt and his face was bright red and held uncomfort. His expression changed to one of relief when he saw me. He backed away from the guy who was drunk from the smell of him. He hid behind me and grabbed my shoulders.

"Thank you, Tommy." Newt whispered.

Shivers went down my spine at the sound of his soft voice and my skin tingled at his touch. I looked back at the guy who was holding Newt against the wall. His face was flushed and his pupils were dialated.

"What do you think you're doing, sexy?" The man slurred at Newt. He took a step forward and I put my hand out to stop him from coming any closer.

"Get lost, man." I growled.

His face contorted in anger. "I saw him first. Back off."

Great. He seemed like the violent type.

"Tommy, let go." Newt gripped my arm tightly.

I put my hand on top of his and nodded. We started walking away when a hand grabbed my shoulder and yanked me backwards. I stumbled into the drunk's chest and pushed him away. He fell into a wall and took wobbly steps toward me. He threw his fist at me and clipped my chin.

"Stop!" Newt yelled at the guy, pushing him away from me.

I rubbed the side of my face and gave and icy stare at the man.

"Newt, move." I said flatly. I wasn't going to let this guy get the best of me.

I took a swing at him and got him in the nose. I heard a sickening crack and his head flew backwards. He stumbled backwards, holding his nose in pain. He brought a hand away and it was covered in blood. He shouted profanities at me and charged. My eyes widened as I saw Newt step in front of me as he threw a punch. He fell into my chest as the man's fist connected with his beautiful face. I held Newt up as the drunk stumbled away, probably to pass out somewhere. I dragged Newt out to my car. I set him on the hood of my car, and stood in front of him

"Newt, are you all right?" I asked in worry.

He still held his hand to his face. I grabbed it and brought it down, revealing a large bruise starting to form and a small cut just below his cheekbone.

"You idiot. You shouldn't have gotten in the way." I said softly.

"Well it was my fault for letting my guard down. I was trying to look for you when he grabbed me. I'm sorry, Tommy. He bruised your handsome face." He said, softly touching the throbbing side of my face.

"I didn't want him to hurt your's either ." I looked into his eyes and put my hands on both sides of his legs.

I leaned in closer to him and his eyes widened in suprise.

"Tommy?" Newt whispered.

"Yes, love?"

"Thank you."

I smiled and wrapped an arm around his waist and brought him closer to me. He wrapped his arms around my neck as I connected our lips in a slow and soft kiss. I smiled against his lips and we ended the night with a long and sweet kiss.

Thanks for 13k ♡ love you guys

~October