Poor at Heart*

This is a little trailer of my new Dylmas fanfic coming out soon called Poor at Heart. Here's some of the first chapter :)

I huddled into the corner as far as I could, trying to escape from the harsh wind blowing around the streets of the condensed city of New York. I brought a gloved hand to my chilled mouth and huffed. I rubbed my temporarily warm hands on my face that was probably red from the wind.

If I had kept all the money I had collected today from begging, I could probably be sitting inside a restaurant filling my stomach with a cheap sandwich and over cooked fries. However, when I saw those two poor kids with their little dog, I just couldn't keep the money. Perhaps having a generous personality isn't the best for a homeless twenty year old, but it's what I do best.

I've been homeless since I was fifteen, only starting high school when suddenly both my parents died in a car accident. I was supposed to be sent to my closest relative, which is my Aunt, and she hates me for being gay so I was pushed out into the streets with only a few hundred dollars and the clothes on my back. However, I quickly adapted to the streets, all thanks to my buddy Will.

Will has been on the streets longer than anybody I knew. I don't know why he's homeless, nor is he going to tell me anytime soon. All I know is that whoever or whatever did that to him, he wants revenge. Anyway, once you get to know him, he's a real nice and sweet guy. Although, I haven't seen him for a while, I bet he's doing fine.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a long black limo pulling up in the street in front of me. My eyes widened as I saw the handsome, well dressed men who stepped out. One was Dylan O'Brien, the owner of the expensive and successful brand of cars, Scorch Motors. The other was Ki Hong Lee, O'Brien's right hand man. They quickly walked toward the building I was leaning against and Ki Hong walked right past as Dylan stopped in front of me. I looked up at him with wide eyes as he dug through the pocket on his dress pants. He picked out a ten dollar bill from his pocket and kneeled in front of me.

"Here you go." He said with a kind voice.

My shaking, red hand cautiously took the money from his, my heart beating fast as our fingers brushed against each other. I whispered a thank you as he stood up, wiping off his pants. I looked up at him again with thanks in my eyes. We held eye contact for what seemed like forever until Ki Hong came over to Dylan and slapped a hand on his shoulder.

"Giving to the homeless? How nice." He smiled at Dylan's now red face in embarrassment from the prolonged eye conact.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Come on, Ki. Let's get inside. It's freezing out here." Dylan said, walking towards the enterance to his building.

Ki Hong followed him inside and I sat alone, the ten dollar bill tightly held in my grasp. Even with the chilled wind, my face was heated and flushed. I couldn't believe that the real Dylan O'Brien actually noticed me for much more than a few moments like everybody else in this crowded city.

I burried my cold face in my knees and shivered at the thought of Dylan and I meeting again. Would he remember me? I highly doubt it. I'm just some homeless kid, and he's a billionare. We're too different.

"Excuse me?" A voice called.

My head shot up and I gasped at who I saw in front of me. It was him.

"Y-yes?" I stammered.

"Would you like to come inside?" Dylan asked.

***

There you have it! A cut of my first chapter. Let me know what you think of it! Plus, that cover was made by @ howellaswell.

*Please comment/pm me some oneshot ideas! I'm running out!*

Thanks for reading!
~October