Nerd: Part 1

(Dylmas)

Thomas's POV

I kept my head down as I walked through the crowded hallways of my school, being careful not to make eye contact with anyone. It was Friday, the day before prom, and everyone in the hallway was gossiping about who was going out with who, and who got dumped. I've never gone to prom, nor do I want to. It's just a big party where kids get drunk and have sex, and that is definetly not for me, one of the biggest nerds of the school.

I was engrossed in my own thoughts, not hearing being called until someone clasped their hand on my shoulder. I jumped in suprise and turned around to see a handsome face.

"Hi, I'm Dylan. I'm sort of new here and I haven't met you yet."

I knew who this was, he was new star of the football team, well, soccer as Americans call it. Dylan had only been here for a month or so and he's already climbed the popularity chain all the way to the top thanks to his looks and athletic talent.

"Yeah, I'm Thomas." I said with a small smile.

"So," he said, putting his hands in his pockets. "Are you planning on going to prom?"

"Me?" I laughed. "No way."

"What's so funny about it?"

"Well, if you haven't noticed, I'm probably one of the biggest nerds in the school. Only the popular people like yourself go to prom."

"You're not popular?"

I looked at him with one eyebrow raised. "Do I look like it?"

"I was just expecting someone as cute as you to be a little more well known." Dylan winked.

I opened my mouth, but no sound came out. My face flushed as I slammed my locker closed and stormed away from Dylan. His words brought back some unwanted memories.

"Hey, wait!" I heard his footsteps coming after me. "What'd I say?"

I ignored him and went out of the high school, thankfully it was the end of the day and I could go home and try to forget all the people and troubles of school.

"Thomas! Just wait a sec!"

I groaned and stopped. "What is it?"

"I'm sorry if I said something wrong to you, I didn't-"

"No, you didn't say anything wrong to me, Dylan. It's fine."

"Then why did you run away from me?"

"First of all, I didn't run, I walked away. Second, it's just the things you said made me..." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Remember some unwanted things."

"Oh, I'm sorry," He said. The look on his face held concern and curiosity. "Mind if I walk you home?"

I blushed and nodded. We walked to my house mostly in silence. Every once in a while, our hands would brush against each other, making both our faces get red. When we got to the front of my house, Thomas started to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"This is where you live? That's a coincidence. I live right down there," he pointed down the street. "In the white one. That means we can hang out!"