Scary Noise

Thomas's POV

I set down each little piece of wood one by one. I felt Newt's judging eyes on me, but I kept going. I looked up right before I laid down the last piece. Newt was giving me a look that said 'don't you bloody do it.' I hesitated before setting it down.

"Well, now you've done it." He said.

"I did what I had to, Newt."

He sighed before picking up a pad of paper and pencil. "How many points was that?"

"Fifteen."

"Damn it, how are you so good at this?"

"Newt, it's just Scrabble. It's not that hard."

"But coming up with the word 'zinc'? I would never have thought of that. Ugh, I hate this game."

"Well, what else is there for us to do? The power is out."

A big storm had just blown through town and wiped out lots of power cables. I don't think we would be getting power for a few more hours. So, we were stuck at Newt's place playing Scrabble.

"I don't know, think of-"

A loud pounding noise cut Newt off. He jumped in suprise and turned around, pointing the flashlight around.

"What was that?" He asked nervously, standing up.

"I don't know, it was probably nothing." I said, trying to sound brave.

I stood up next to him, straining my ears to hear another sound.

"O-okay. Anyway, what now?"

"How about we-"

Another loud pounding stopped me mid-sentence. Newt jumped and grabbed onto my arm.

"Was that nothing too?"

"Y-yes?"

The noise came back, and it was louder. My breathing stopped and I pulled us away from the sound that seemed to be coming near the enterance of the house.

"What the hell is that?" Newt whispered.

"It's... It's probably a tree scraping against the side of the house."

"Yeah right." He mumbled.

"You have better idea?"

He shook his head and pulled me into his room on the far side of the house. He turned on the flashlight and I winced at the sudden light.

"Do you think someone was at the door? Or sounded like someone was pounding to get in." Newt asked.

"Maybe. But if there is, why would someone be here during the storm? It could be some axe murderer for all we know."

"You watch too many horror movies," Newt said, rolling his eyes. "We should go check."

"What? No! I've watched too many movies to know that that's never the right choise!"

"Then you're coming with me. I'm scared to, you know."

"Fine. Let's go. After you." I said.

"No way, you go first."

"Hey, this is your house! You know it better than I do!"

"Well you top!" Newt shot back.

"...Touché."

I led us out of Newt's room, flashlight in hand. I felt my boyfriend follow closely behind me as we made our way to the front door. We stood still for a few seconds, listening for a pounding noise that didn't come.

"Open the door." Newt whispered.

I nodded and slowly walked toward the door. I put my hand on the door handle and twisted it. I opened the door slowly before it was swung open by a big push. I yelped and tripped over myself, landing on top of Newt. I looked at the door to see no one there. The thing that pushed the door open was the wind. I exhaled, feeling my heart up in my throat. I closed the door and breathed out, trying to calm my fast paced heart.

"There was nobody there." I breathed.

"Good," Newt said, putting a hand on his chest in relief. "But what was that banging noise?"

"I don't know, and I don't really want to find out."

Newt nodded as we went back into his living room, where the unfinished Scrabble game was sitting. We plopped on the couch and Newt laid his head on my shoulder.

I opened my mouth to say something, but the pounding noise interrupted me.

"What the hell? I thought you said that no one was at the door, Tommy."

"I did, and there wasn't anybody that I could see."

Suddenly, we heard the door fly open and slam shut. Newt and I stayed perfectly still as we heard light footsteps walk into the house. We got up off the couch quickly but silently. Newt grabbed my hand and pulled me around the corner into a hallway that led to their basement. I quietly opened the door and motioned Newt to go down the stairs. I went in after him and shut the door slowly. My breathing stopped as the door made a loud and long squeak. I remained silent, listening for any footsteps coming our way. I didn't hear any, so I shut the door the rest of the way. I turned on the flashlight and followed Newt down the stairs. He pulled me underneath the step frame and we huddled down on the floor.

"Tommy, I'm scared." Newt whispered into my ear.

I wrapped my arms around him tightly. "Me too."

We both gasped as we heard the squeak of the door leading into the basement open. He huddled closer into the corner as the footsteps came down the stairs. They stood at the base step and listened. We didn't breath. Then, the person stepped off the step and came around to where we were hiding. They stood in front of us and didn't make a sound. I had an idea to get out of here. I quickly turned on the flashlight and shined it into the intruder's face, making him momentarily blind. I tackled the guy and pinned him down.

"Ow, Thomas! What are you doing?" The man said.

The voice sounded familiar. "Minho??"

"Yeah man! Get off of me!"

"What the hell, Minho! You scared us to death!" Newt said.

"I was driving to your house when the storm hit. And hey, you were the guys who didn't let me into the house after I knocked so many times."

"That was you pounding on the door like a mad man?"

"You couldn't hear normal knocking, so I started to knock harder."

"But we opened the door and you weren't there!" I said.

"I went around the house and looked inside the windows to see where you were. When I came back to the front, the door was open so I let myself in."

"Well, you could've called out our names at least." Newt said, crossing his arms.

"Oh yeah, that might've been a good idea."

We rolled our eyes at Minho before each of us slapping his arm.

"Ow! What'd I do?"

Oh Minho, you're an idiot sometimes. Anywho, ey people. I just wanted to ask something. How do you like the idea of a chapter of Q&As for Newt and Thomas/Dylan and Thomas? If you guys send or comment questions or dares, I will make a chapter out of it! Let me know what you think! Thanks ^-^

~October