Polar Opposites

As suggested by @-hermy
Sorry if this isn't exactly what you were thinking, but enjoy!

Thomas's POV

I stared at the blonde angel from my seat in the cafetria. He was laughing with his best friend Alby, his smile making this dreary school better. I sighed as he ran a hand through his golden, soft hair. His eyes trailed over to me and met my own. A blush rised on my cheeks and I gave Newt a small smile. He shyly grinned back. He gestured descretly towards the bathroom and got up. He walked by the table I was sitting at and ran his hand against the top while passing. He headed into the bathroom with me following after a few moments later.

We always came to the bathroom outside of the cafeteria, the one no one went into because the toilets are disgusting, so Newt and I didn't have to worry about anyone walking in on us.

"I've been waiting all day for this." I said lustfully as I pushed my lips onto his.

"You and me both." He said in between kisses.

I deepened the kiss by breaking his mouth open and bringing my tongue in. We made out for a while before we heard the bell ring. I groaned and broke away from Newt.

"Don't worry, Tommy," Newt said. "We'll get to see each other after school."

"But that's going to be in forever!"

Newt silenced me by placing one last kiss on my lips before heading out of the bathroom. I sighed and followed after a few seconds later. Newt and I have been dating for about six months without any of his friends and my friends knowing about it. Well, except for our friend Minho, but he doesn't count. He's the one who got us together in the first place.

The reason that our friends don't know that were together is because Newt is popular, and I'm not. In this school, it's not acceptable to date someone out of your clique, especially if that someone is one of the most popular people in the school and you're not even halfway up the social ladder. I know it sounds bad, and that's because it is. That's why Newt and I have to keep our relationship secret. I don't want to ruin his high reputation because of me. We were complete opposites.

It was time for the next class, I had this one with Newt. I sat down in my usual seat in the back of the room staring at the back of my boyfriend's head the entire time instead of listening to the teacher going on a tangent. Soon enough, it was the end of another day of school, about half an hour after it ended, I went outside to the back of the building and leaned against the wall, waiting.

"Tommy."

I turned my head to see Newt standing with his favorite large gray hoodie. I smiled and kissed him quickly before grabbing his hand. After school was time for our daily walk together where we talk about how trashy our day was and how we both wish we could be together in public and around school. By the time our walk was done, we were in front of Newt's large house.

"I'll see you tomorrow, love." He said, his British accent lacing his words elegantly.

I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him passionately.

"You know it turns me on when you call me 'love'." I said.

"Oh, really? I didn't notice." He giggled.

I kissed him again and sighed. "God, I love you so much."

"I love you too, Tommy." He smiled.

Newt walked up to his front door and gave me one last wave before going inside. I tucked my hands in my pockets and headed to my house which was a few blocks away. Tomorrow was Saturday, and I had a beautiful day planned out with Newt.

***

"Thomas! Newt is here!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!" I called back.

I looked in the mirror one last time and swept a hand through my hair in an attempt to make it look more natural. I headed downstairs and saw Newt sitting on my living room talking to my mother.

"So Newt, have you and Thomas-"

"Mom!" I interjected.

"What? I was just going to ask if you two had-"

"Let's go, Newt." I said quickly, grabbing his hand and pulling him up from the couch.

"Oh, okay. It was nice seeing you!" He said to my mom.

"It was nice to see you too, Newt!" Mom responded.

I pulled him out of the house before my mother could say anything else. I could hear Newt trying to contain his laughter.

"Oh, stop it." I grumbled.

"I'm sorry, but your mum is great." He laughed.

"I know, she's a unique one. Anyway, I have something planned out for you today." I smiled.

"Really? What is it?" He asked excitedly.

"Its a suprise!" I said as I kissed him quickly in the cheek. "Let's go."

We walked hand in hand to Paradise Park, the park we first met and the park we became a couple at.

"So what's the big suprise, Tommy?" Newt asked as we walked to the center fountain.

"This is."

I dropped down to one knee and dug the piece of metal from my pocket and grabbed Newt's hand.

"Newt, even though we've only been together for six months, this has been something great. I loved every moment I've been with you and I want to live like that for the rest of my life. Newt, will you marry me?"

Newt's mouth opened but no words came out.

"Don't worry," I chuckled. "It's a promise ring, not an actual engagement ring."

My boyfriend dropped to his knees, grabbed my face, and kissed me.

"Of course I will." He said.

He took the ring from my hand and slid it on his slender finger. His eyes started to tear as he looked at the ring. He looked into my eyes and kissed me once again.

I guess opposites do attract.