Friday Night Fair

Dedicated to my two fave bros!
-hermy
LavenderSangster

Thomas's POV

I sat on my couch watching TV until I heard a nock on my apartment door.

"Coming!" I called out.

I sighed and shut off the television and slipped on some shoes. I opened the door to see the smiling face of my 'lover'.

"You ready, Tom?" Teresa asked.

"Yeah, sure." I said dully.

Teresa grabbed my hand and pulled me out to her car where she planted a kiss on my cheek. I wiped my face as soon as she turned away. Teresa and I have been a thing for about three months. For the first two, I was quite crazy about her. She has a great figure and a nice personality, but as time went on, I started seeing her as more of a close-sisterly type instead of boyfriend-girlfriend type. I've been meaning to break up with her at some point, but I have no idea when.

"Are you excited for the fair, Tom?" Teresa asked.

"Yeah, I heard it's pretty good this year."

We didn't bring up any more conversation until we were a few blocks away from the fair grounds.

"Did you say that Newt was meeting us here?" I asked.

"Yep."

I felt my heart swell in happiness at his name. Ever since I lost my feelings for Teresa, Newt has been on my mind all the time. Whenever I see someone with blonde hair, I think of him and the way his hair shines like gold in the sun, how his angelic smile makes my whole world seem brighter, and how his adorable laugh makes all the pain and stress of the day fly off my shoulders. I couldn't wait to see him.

Teresa parked the car and we headed into the fair grounds. I kept scanning our surroundings to see if I saw that beautiful boy anywhere. I followed Teresa to some food vendors and bought some cotton candy and two corndogs. We sat down at a bench and ate our food. Teresa attempted starting conversation, but for some reason, I felt out of it. I kept giving short responses then looking around again.

"Tom, are you all right? You seem anxious." Teresa questioned.

"Huh? No, I'm fine." I answered.

"Tom, please. I'm your best friend. I can tell when something is on your mind." She said while folding her arms.

"I said I'm-" I just took in what she just said. "Wait, friend?"

"Yes, Tom. I'm afraid this relationship thing isn't really working for either of us. I'm starting to see you as a more close-brotherly type than boyfriend-girlfriend type. And I believe you think the same."

I gaped at her. Had I really been that obvious?

"I'm sorry, Teresa. It's-"

"No," she cut me off. "It's fine. Plus, I can see you have your eyes glued to someone else." She smirked.

I gaped at her. Had I really been that obvious?

"I know you're bisexual, Tom. I'm not that oblivious," she laughed. "I think that you and Newt will make an adorable couple."

"Really? But doesn't Newt like girls?"

Teresa placed her hands on mine. "Believe me, a girl can tell these things. Anyway, tonight is going to be the night that you two get together." She clapped her hands excitedly.

"Teresa, I can't ask you to do that for me."

"To bad, Tom. My plan is already in progress." She pointed behind me and I turned around to see a blonde haired beautiful boy walking towards us with a smile on his face.

"Hey Newt." Teresa said while Newt sat down next to me.

"Hey guys. Thanks for waiting for me. I got stuck in some traffic." I melted at his warm voice accompanied by his smooth accent.

"No problem. Now, are you two ready for some fun?" Teresa smiled.

"Definitely." I said standing up.

Newt followed my lead by standing up as well. He brought his first foot over the seat, but when the second one came over, the toe on his black Converse clipped the end of the seat and he tumbled over. I quickly reached out and grabbed his shoulders before he hit the ground. He grabbed my arms and straightend himself up

"Thanks Tommy." He smiled, still in my arms.

We looked into each others eyes for a while before I noticed Teresa giving me a thumbs up from behind Newt. I coughed awkwardly and let go of his shoulders. I blushed a deep shade of red and glanced at Newt whose face had also turned red. Teresa sighed before dragging the both of us to some rides. The first side we went on was the Tilt-A-Whirl.

"Let's get into the pink one!" Teresa said excitedly. We hopped into the pink one and it started off slow. The ride got faster and faster until we were all so dizzy we could barely walk straight. I stumbled over a empty drink bottle left on the ground and accidentally ran into Newt. I wrapped and arm around his waist, trying to keep balance. He held onto my shoulder for his benefit as well. We all stood still until our eyesight stopped spinning. Newt took his hand off my shoulder but I decided to make a bold move and keep my arm around him. Next, Teresa took us to a ride that went upside-down.

"Sorry, guys. I'm afraid I can't go on this one. I hate going on ones like these." She said, sending a wink my way when Newt turned away.

"Sure, it's fine." I said.

Newt and I got on the ride and we got strapped in. I felt Newt's hand hold onto mine tightly. I bit my lip and squeezed his hand softly.

"Sorry, Tommy. I always get a bit anxious before going on these rides." Newt said, sounding embarrassed and letting go of my hand.

"Well, maybe I need a hand to hold."

I grabbed his hand again and gazed into his eyes. A small smile grew on his face as we sat there, just looking at each other. However, our sensual moment was broken by the ride rocketing off. Newt and I screamed in fake terror as the ride swung upside-down.

Newt and I stumbled off, a bit disorientated. We shuffled over to Teresa who was sitting on a bench.

"Well, it's getting pretty dark and it's been a long day. Why don't you two finish with a ride on the Ferris Wheel." She suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds nice. You up for it, Tommy?" Newt asked, giving me an angelic smile.

"Of course."

We went to the large Ferris Wheel and went towards the line until I saw Teresa sitting on yet another bench.

"Aren't you coming?" Newt asked.

"No, I'm not the biggest fan of heights. You two have fun." She waved us off and grinned excitedly at me.

Newt and I waited in the line for a while before finally getting on the Ferris Wheel. We both sat on the same side and the wheel started to turn. It kept turning until we found ourselves at the very top, overlooking the whole fair grounds.

"It's beautiful." Newt gasped.

"It sure is." I wasn't talking about the view.

Newt saw me staring at him and not at the grounds while I said that. He placed his hand on my thigh and we looked into each other's eyes for the thousandth time. But this time, there was no interruptions.

I slowly leaned closer to Newt and he did the same. We kept getting closer until our noses rubbed against each other. I closed the gap and kissed him softly. We pulled away and linked out hands together. The wheel started turning once again and we were at the bottom. We got off of the ride and went over to Teresa. She gave us a huge grin when she saw us holding hands.

I looked at Newt and put a hand on his face. I connected our lips once more, forgetting about the crowd of people around us.

The fair was definetly a memorable place.