Story from Thorns and Roses

Hey guys it's Becca. So I'm with my best friend Katja and she's a really good writer so she's going to write a little something for you guys. It won't be 5sos related but some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy! (:

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Their names are Eden and Adam, and this is part of their story.

  Entering, she glides across the smooth marble floor of the large scale location. A chandelier hangs at the peak of the ceiling, glittering like stars in the night sky. Across the room stands the other protagonist, entering in the opposite entrance in hopes not to attract attention to each other. They scan the crowd of masks and flittering glasses. Small talk and laughter fill the air like bells. At the top is the host. Her Champaign and pearl colored gown sweeps across the floor like magic. Carefully she crosses the floor. Suddenly, spun she meets face-to-face with the gentleman from across the room. A bit flabbergasted, she soon picks up the hint and dances with him. Elegantly, they both travel gracefully in sync towards the stair case where the host lies. Quickly, he tells her the next part of the plan. Bowing, he touches the tips of her fingers to his head, then soon vanishes into the ever moving crowd.
She stands at the bottom, her heart eating with each breath she took. She her short trek up the stair well. This moment was crucial, and determined her weight of this long journey. He was a valuable asset to this case. She needed to know, to know what happened in her shrouded past, and to help Adam. Her yearn to find out burned and scorching her thoughts with an almost eternal fire. She was so close-!
Looking across to the outskirts of the hall, the man (Adam) was there yet again, watching over her like some sort of protector. Of course man young girls asked him for a dance while she looked; although, he soon brushed them off swiftly. Trying to keep his focus. She shook her head slightly. Rude.
Finally at the top, she took in a subtle last breath, adjusted her gold and white  musical note adorned mask, and ventured coward into the den of the lion.
Both guards eyed the invitation card, exchanged glances, and nodded to each other in unison. The guardsman on the left spoke up.
  "So your name be Lillian Dean, aye? That be interesting, meeting the daughter of the second highest trader for the Royals."
  He leaned in only the slightest towards her, as if he were a dog analyzing a suspect. Almost on cue, the guard on the right picked up where the one on the left did.
  "Indeed it is, Brother Demix. Although I think that the question your bringing forth would be the reason she wants to see our Head of this party. Last I checked, Miss Dean rejected the offer for tonight's masquerade."
  Crud.
When Therion handed her the file of invitations for Adam and herself, he told them that the backgrounds of the names were cleared and that they'd been approved of attendance. Now suddenly, the brother guardsmen told her otherwise, saying that she  had rejected the offer and wasn't planned to attend.
  Either the information she was given was wrong or...and that's when she saw it. Both brothers were intent on the expression she had on her face, not only that but their eyes were a dark amber. Their mouths started to curl up in a smug grin. They weren't just anyone, they were the right and left hand men of the ever so gracious host himself. She had the chance to formally meet them on the ship the last time they boarded with a spear to her face. They were cunning, able to speak to each other without so much as a spoken word. The twins Demix and Jason.
  Quickly she picked her demeanor back up and threw out the best bone she could give to the two troubling guard dogs.
  "I did cancel my coming; although, daddy dearest called me and informed me that he couldn't attend due to some trading issues with the Lascome isle in the south province. He was supposed to negotiate with your Head this evening about foreign goods stocking in our trading cargo. So, since he couldn't make it, I came myself to handle the matters."
  Each word rolled off her tongue like a wave, ushering the twins to listen and persuade them. She once met Lillian at a trade negotiation between her uncle and Lillian's father. He was a kind and smart man, but his daughter not as much. She continued to whine about being unable to attend another party with the duke of another province that would be hosted by his parents for his promotion in rank. Not only that, but each time the topic of money came into play, she bugged her father for money to buy some of the latest fashion in the provinces.
  She was a tad snobby, rude woman for her age with no social standing of her own. So with that meeting she was able to mimic Lillian's actions and word choice. This gained her an advantage.
  The guards were thrown off by her sudden remark to their question. They weren't expecting that, so they must have met the girl themselves then. Regaining their strict attitude, they questioned her further.
  "Well that's awfully nice of ya to do that for your father.", said Demix, "Though why the sudden change of heart for him?"
  They asked too much with the limited time she had. They wanted to catch her in the act, to send her off, but she wouldn't have it.
  "Well," she slowly walked towards Demix to the point where she was invaded his personal space, "if I helped him for once with my amazing skills in the trading business, he'd owe me. Which means he'll buy me whatever my heart desires  at the next releasing of the Spring Refined Ladies line of clothing."
  Lillian prided off her fathers money and earnings. Without it she couldn't even buy herself a measly piece of bread from the lower section of the commerce fstreet markets. Personally, she didn't so much enjoy posing as Lillian, despite  her beautiful name, but she needed this opportunity in the masquerade. So she dealt with it.
  Demix fidgeted slightly. If she could distract one of the twins for only just a couple of seconds, they couldn't make their next move.
   "So, may I go in Mr. Guardsman?"
   "Er, aye, of course go right ahead Miss Dean."
   Jason was taken aback by his brothers fast response. Check and mate! Before Jason and Demix could grasp the situation back, she was already through the double, mahogany doors and starting down the long hallway.

Thank you for reading this little piece in my story, and I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it.

Don't forget to comment what you think please, thanks! (: