Move on

Luke's POV

I sat slumped against the wall of the hospital for three days. Every time a nurse tried to move me I'd scream. They soon caught on. I watched the doctors move Claire's limp body out, half exposing her foot from the duffle bag she was in. It looked like a murder scene, to which I cried too.
An all to friendly nurse handed me a some what square piece of paper. It had the most neat writing I had ever seen. Claire.
I took it, engulfing myself in all our memories. 'Luke' was written on the top with a single heart. Tears streamed down my face, but I was used to that.

"Dear Luke,

So I'm guessing when you read this it means the worst. I can just imagine your quiffed blonde hair and your beanie. I always tugged on your beanies, remember that? I also always made fun of your horribly ripped black skinny jeans. I never knew why the rip on your knee had to be a mile wide. Either way, it suited you.
So I want to say something, and I'm sure you will hate me for it. Right after you get past being sad and guilty. This wasn't your fault, it was IN me.
Anyway, I want you to move on. Crazy, huh? I mean it! You have a full music career going for you, millions of beautiful fans! I'd hate to watch you live your dream in a full depression mode. I admit I'll be jealous, but you deserve more! I'm always your 'Mrs. Hemmings' but I'm no longer there with you. Find another Mrs. Hemmings! Find a girl who can deal with your CONSTANT hunger and your obsession to look perfect. You already are perfect. Maybe she will tug off your beanies like I did, but most importantly, she needs to love you! Any girl would be CRAZY lucky to have you. I know I was.
Lastly, I wanted to say Thank you. In the shitty life I had before I knew you, I had not an once of idea what love was. When I met you, everything changed. You would cuddle me 24/7, you would kiss me in public, not carrying if others saw. You would take ridicules selfies with me and post them on Instagram, defending me from haters. You were just that perfect guy any girl would DIE to have. I realized I benefited you to. You went out of your cold shell and showed me warmth. You did it for me, you can do it again.
I love you, Luke. I'll be watching so you better make me proud.
Xx Claire"

I stared at the note in horror, sobbing uncontrollably. Nurses scurried by, noticing I had moved in. Wiping away my tears, I set the folded note into my wallet. It went right behind the picture of me and Claire on our first date. For the first time in three days, I got up to move. Tears still fell, but they had a different meaning. I cried because I lost her, but not because I was guilty. Claire was right, I loved her like I never had anyone. She was my sole reason for doing music. I joined a very tired looking Calum in the waiting room, nudging Tatum who was cuddled into his side. They looked at me in surprise. They probably thought I'd never move again. "I'm ready" I said.